Wanna Dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deuces:
Whenever I dive in Monterey, I pack the car and drive down the street ... takes me a very long 10 minutes to get to the Breakwater. Even longer to other spots like Lover's or Carmel.

Sorry, couldn't resist. eyebrow
OK, so if you had a hunch or a curiosity about the what the diving was like up on the Sonoma or Mendocino coast would you pack the car and drive the 5 hours it would take to check it out?
That's what I want to know. I'm willing to do that.

ZKY

ZKY:
OK, so if you had a hunch or a curiosity about the what the diving was like up on the Sonoma or Mendocino coast would you pack the car and drive the 5 hours it would take to check it out?
That's what I want to know. I'm willing to do that.

ZKY

That's a VERY good question! I work 6-7 days a week and only have enough PTO time to "spontaneously" take half days here and there. So I'm very lucky that all the Monterey dive sites are within minutes of me. If I had more time (so wish I did), and a ready to go buddy, I just might be willing to do that since it would be new and exciting! :)

Deuces:
That's a VERY good question! I work 6-7 days a week and only have enough PTO time to "spontaneously" take half days here and there. So I'm very lucky that all the Monterey dive sites are within minutes of me. If I had more time (so wish I did), and a ready to go buddy, I just might be willing to do that since it would be new and exciting! :)
OK, fair enough.
At least you'd be willing if you had the time.

ZKY

OK OK enough of the hijackings:D

Back to the original post!

Teresa and I are going to come up to Monterey area after the april 1st picnic at Gaviota.:14:

We are planning on leaving here sat afternoon, then staying until Monday sometime.

You guys make the plans and "we will follow".

I am really looking forward to this, so lets get wet!

Rickster:
Teresa and I are going to come up to Monterey area after the april 1st picnic at Gaviota.:14:

We are planning on leaving here sat afternoon, then staying until Monday sometime.
I'm going to be on the Great Escape on Saturday for a one day trip. For Sunday I was thinking of either diving with the sand eaters or dive vets at marineland. But now that I know you'll be in Monterey I may just shoot up there as soon as I get off the boat.
Do you know where you'll be in Monterey?
Usually I can be found at the Breakwater.
Remember the red Toyota P/U 4x4 with the shell and stickers all over the back window.

ZKY

Since we're back on track ...

You folks gonna be around Monterey on Sunday April 2? I don't work that day so unless a buddy kidnaps me for some dives, I'd love to join you all, if you wouldn't mind. :hyper:

ZKY:
I'm going to be on the Great Escape on Saturday for a one day trip. For Sunday I was thinking of either diving with the sand eaters or dive vets at marineland. But now that I know you'll be in Monterey I may just shoot up there as soon as I get off the boat.
Do you know where you'll be in Monterey?
Usually I can be found at the Breakwater.
Remember the red Toyota P/U 4x4 with the shell and stickers all over the back window.

ZKY

Eric, we haven't made any plans or ressies yet. Melvin Pasley from down here is going to be up there as well. He just asked me this morning if I wanted to meet him there, and we said why not. Any suggestions on a hotel to stay at that is central to the dive spots?

We will be leaving Gaviota State Beach around 1pm or 2pm, so, we will be ready to dive sunday morning.

Deuces:
Since we're back on track ...

You folks gonna be around Monterey on Sunday April 2? I don't work that day so unless a buddy kidnaps me for some dives, I'd love to join you all, if you wouldn't mind.

We will get up there Sat evening, and ready to dive Sunday morning.

Rickster:
Melvin Pasley from down here is going to be up there as well. He just asked me this morning if I wanted to meet him there, and we said why not. Any suggestions on a hotel to stay at that is central to the dive spots?

We will be leaving Gaviota State Beach around 1pm or 2pm, so, we will be ready to dive sunday morning
Oh cool! Pasley will be there. I've never met him but seen his posts on diver.net for years.

I will be getting up there really late Saturday night from L.A.

Look into Lone Oak Lodge or there are also some ones up in Seaside which is just north only about 10 minutes away. It seems to me there is a motel 6, Comfort Inn, Marriot, ones like that around there. Lone Oak Lodge is moderately priced and diver friendly.
If you stay down in Monterey by the wharf or Cannery row expect to pay big $$$.

ZKY

ZKY:
Oh cool! Pasley will be there. I've never met him but seen his posts on diver.net for years.

I will be getting up there really late Saturday night from L.A.

Look into Lone Oak Lodge or there are also some ones up in Seaside which is just north only about 10 minutes away. It seems to me there is a motel 6, Comfort Inn, Marriot, ones like that around there. Lone Oak Lodge is moderately priced and diver friendly.
If you stay down in Monterey by the wharf or Cannery row expect to pay big $$$.

ZKY

Thanks, ZKY.

I will make ressies today. We should be up there Friday afternoon, and we are going to stay until noon, or so, on Monday. How long are you going to be in the area?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom