Wanna Dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustinW:
On the Salmon season, I don't think it will be a big problem with parking. Despite that fishermen will likely get shafted on the salmon season the restricted opener on April 1 is in essentially a closed season. The guys that show up won't be the bright ones. Ya see, this time of year the salmon are offshore, the opener only allows fishing within 3 miles of shore, not within reach of the salmon in April, later in summer they come close to shore. So where the fishers think the fish are, most will realize the fish are too far out to effectively target, last april in monterey the fish were far out and likely will be again. I however will be showing up the night before, parking won't be a problem then.
One thing to remember is that in Monterey Bay the limit of state waters is not 3 miles
from shore, but three miles out from a line from Pt. Pinos to Pt. Santa Cruz. That's about
12.6 nm out from Moss Landing. And if it's flat, they will be running down to Pt. Sur,
where the season will be open, and to do that, they WILL put in at Monterey, not Moss
Landing, not Santa Cruz.

Sorry about this, I hope it doesn't cause any inconveniance for anyone. Something urgent has come up, and I won't be able to make it upto Monterey this coming weekend. I was looking, so, forward to checking out the diving up there. We will have to get together in the near future.

Rick

Rickster:
Sorry about this, I hope it doesn't cause any inconveniance for anyone. Something urgent has come up, and I won't be able to make it upto Monterey this coming weekend. I was looking, so, forward to checking out the diving up there. We will have to get together in the near future.

Rick
No problem Rick.
Like I said in the PM,
when you get time come up to my neck of the woods and I'll show you some real diving.

For anybody else that was planning on going to Monterey and meeting up with us, If you really want to check out the plate and dive it, go to Glenn's Aquarius II on the breakwater and he'll get you all dialed in. If you have any questions about it PM me on this board.

Thanks.

ZKY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom