Wanna Dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to go up north to check out the diving. I met ZKY last Sat. and he invited me up. I don't have a definate date, but would like to make it on a Friday, Sat., and Sun. Are there any other divers that would like to do a get together, maybe a picnic?, Campout?, or just a day of diving?

Thanks,

Rickster:
Hi,

I want to go up north to check out the diving. I met ZKY last Sat. and he invited me up. I don't have a definate date, but would like to make it on a Friday, Sat., and Sun. Are there any other divers that would like to do a get together, maybe a picnic?, Campout?, or just a day of diving?

Thanks,

If the swell model looks good. I would be happy to go out with you. I can dive on Sundays and Saturdays. This weekend is out, 15-20' swells, but next weekend could work. If luck holds, maybe we can hit Areana Rock. I am sure Eric didn't tell you about that one:D

renpirate:
maybe we can hit Arena Rock. I am sure Eric didn't tell you about that one:D
OOOh yah I did! The only thing about Arena is I'll only go if the bouys are reading 2-4 feet and 5 - 10 kt. winds. Other than that the place rock and rolls.

Hey Rick,
Anytime you get a free weekend come on up. Be sure to inquire with us first because unlike Southern California the ocean is totally different up here. I like to make sure the conditions would be good enough that you didn't waste a trip.
From where you are it wouldn't be that far really, I'm getting used to it. When you hit SF and north and especially the coast the scenery is such that the drive is not boring.
There are many many places to camp, but right now in Northern California it's cold ***!

ZKY

Ummm...the forecast for this weekend would be FREEZING! We might just see some snow on the hills around Santa Rosa.

Isn't the only way to dive Arena by boat?

Yeah, I plan to go out this weekend, but the diving won't be top notch anywhere along the california coast this weekend. Ohh if Eric told you about arena rock you must be special!

I feel so special, thanks Eric:D

I was thinking about a little later in the year when the weather warms up alittle. I have one free weekend this month (the 18th & 19th). I have a class, a liveaboard, a Dive picnic, and 1 day of diving planned in April. How is the weather in May? Is the diving better then? Maybe we can arrange a get-together I would like to meet up with you guys.

Eric, when is your North Coast "Party"(Dive weekend)?

May isn't bad, but sometimes the spring winds can howl and that seems to be when the cold water upwellings occur. I've been out there in May when the water was 42 degrees. Other times I've been out there and it was gorgeous with 40 foot vis and virtually no swell or wind.
May would be good to because there would always be a spot to jump in and get some abs.
My party is normally in August but I don't know when it'll be this year. There are some household scheduling issues that seriously conflict with my campouts so I just don't know, or if it will happen at all this year. I may have to turn the honor over to someone with out the problems I have.
I can do short mini campouts (like one night) throughout the year, but more realistically a day of diving works the best for me.

ZKY

Yeah, May can be iffy, but you never know up here. However, if it looks good come on up and we'll show you a good time. We'll go get some abalone and fish and have a serious BBQ.

Sounds like a plan, guys. I will give you a yell closer to May and maybe we can get this together. One or two days would be great.

Talk to you later,

Rick

Back
Top Bottom