Dive buddy/group wanted. Nanaimo area - May 1 and/or May 3rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaIRL

Registered
Reaction score
I am heading up to Port Hardy for diving God's Pocket May 4-10. On the drive up, I'm thinking of stopping in Nanaimo for a day or so and get in a dive day around there on Wed May 1st and Friday May 3rd.

I've never dove the area so a guide would be helpful and of course need to buddy up. No extreme dives or wreck penetrations, just down to 100ft max if necessary.

Otherwise thinking of calling Nanaimo Dive Outfitters to maybe hire a guide/dive buddy.

Thoughts?

Either Nanaimo Dive Outfitters or Sink or Swim Scuba can hook you up with a dive guide. If you contact Sink or Swim ask for Don as your dive guide. He knows all the local sites quite well !!

Divegoose

Either Nanaimo Dive Outfitters or Sink or Swim Scuba can hook you up with a dive guide. If you contact Sink or Swim ask for Don as your dive guide. He knows all the local sites quite well !!

Divegoose
I'm on the same trip :yeahbaby: Ocean Pro (who is the 'official' organizer) has a sister shop in Victoria called RockFish Divers. Rockfish Divers home

Give them a call or drop a note, I'm sure they could hook you up. For me, I think Campbell River has better sites. Contact OceanFix to see if they have a boat going out Oceanfix.ca Dive Centre - Campbell River's Dive Shop

FWIW, both God's Pocket and OceanFix have elevators to transport your ass from the water to the boat deck. If only the USCG would allow something like this in the US

I'm on the same trip :yeahbaby: Ocean Pro (who is the 'official' organizer) has a sister shop in Victoria called RockFish Divers. Rockfish Divers home

Give them a call or drop a note, I'm sure they could hook you up. For me, I think Campbell River has better sites. Contact OceanFix to see if they have a boat going out Oceanfix.ca Dive Centre - Campbell River's Dive Shop

FWIW, both God's Pocket and OceanFix have elevators to transport your ass from the water to the boat deck. If only the USCG would allow something like this in the US
Great! Thanks Oreo Gunner. I'm driving up from Coeur d'Alene Idaho.

Looking at the Nanaimo weather for next week, now it seems Wednesday isn't great but doable. I am going to shore dive with a local friend there on Friday May 3rd, then head up to Port Hardy on May 4th.

After GP on the 10th I'm thinking of stopping over in Campbell River and dive there (or get on a charter boat) to dive on Saturday May 11th. That will again be somewhat weather dependent, but right now too far out to predict. I'm going to call up some leads in CR and figure out what's best. If you're interested in this date, let me know.

So as it stand right now, I've dialed back my pre-GP plans.

I'll be doing just one day shore diving somewhere around Naniamo with an area local/friend who hasn't been out for many years. He has a lot of experience We're going to ease him back into it. Friends helping friends.

Then after God's Pocket ends on May 10th, heading down to Campbell River for a day boat diving with Ocean Fix on May 11.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom