Looking for morning Monterey Bay dive buddy/guide (Apr 26)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poisonorange

Registered
Reaction score
I realise it’s a long time from now and conditions may be undiveable, etc but just wondering how plausible it might be to find a dive buddy for a quick dive (*maybe* 2).

I’ll be in town from Canada for a friend’s wedding and have a small window that Friday morning to try to sneak into the sea :p

I’ve not dived in California - most of my diving in the UK and thereabouts (eg Scapa Flow 2x, Scottish northern coast 2x, Norway) - and just wanted to have a nice easy shore dive with someone who knows the water. The photos I’ve seen of the area are pretty stellar and I’d love to dive it!

I’m reasonably experienced: not a huge number of dives (~230), but max depth 47m/150ft, accelerated deco ean80, AP mod 1 tx20/35.

Can probably rent gear from a local shop (any recommendations?) but bonus if buddy has some spare kit :D
Happy to pay the gas bill etc if it helps!

I think it is too far out for anyone to commit to on a Friday morning. You are better off posting on the Facebook Group (Monterey Bay Area Scuba Divers Open) a week or so before the date, people will be able to chime in on whether it is diveable or not. Another option might be to hire a dive master from one of the local shoips (Aquarius or Monterey Bay Scuba). Breakwater is diveable 95% of the time, with say 3% being situations where you can dive but might have to crawl out and 2% being straight up nope.

Both Aquarius and Monterey Bay Scuba should be able to rent gear. If you have specific gas (i.e. 32% or Argon) requirements, Aquarius has that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom