Vortoberfest VI - After Action Pics & Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pam - your photos are top notch - your diving has become top notch. Keep it up!!
I second that, Pam. & the Lovely Young Kat likes your pictures too. :)
Rick

Nice photos Pam. Thanks for posting. We went on Sunday and it is just absolutely stunning.

Thanks Elena. How was the canoe rental guy? Did he try to talk you out of using Culpepper and into using Cotton Landing like he did me? I forgot to tell him that people said going from Cotton Landing was an obstacle course of fallen trees. There were a lot of trees just under the surface coming from Culpepper.

Thanks everyone for the props on my photos. Of course, how could I go wrong in such clear water with so much light. As for my diving, I credit all the great instructors I've had at AS2, including you.

About my diving, I actually have to confess that I was embarrassed recently when I felt the need to surface from a 25ft lake dive to change from one mask to the other instead of changing it out underwater. I had bought a new mask and wasn't too sure if I'd like it so I took the old one with me just in case. The newbie that was with me was surprised that I wanted to surface to change masks because he regularly takes his mask off and reg out underwater practicing skills that I never made myself practice (despite my instructors telling me to do so). After that incident, I made myself go to the pool and repeatedly change masks underwater, so that it became second nature and I didn't even have to think about it. I even practiced doing it in midwater hovering over a certain place in case I take cavern class later. So even though my diving has improved, I'm wouldn't call it "top-notch" but thanks for the vote of confidence.

Great pics Pam. especially from a disposable camera.

It's just a point and shoot camera, but it's not disposable. It's a 10MP Canon Powershot SD790 with an Ikelite enclosure. They offer strobes for the case, but I doubt I'll make that investment because I don't want to deal with the bulkiness. Just like on land, I'm just a snapshot kind of girl. I'll just continue to enjoy the incredible detail of Alex's and others' photos.

Took my new little Olympus Stylus Tough with us to Cypress and got these...

cypress0.jpg

cypress1.jpg

cypress2.jpg

cypress3.jpg

cypress4.jpg

cypress5.jpg

cypress6.jpg

cypress7.jpg

cypress8.jpg

cypress9.jpg

That is a WONDERFUL turtle shot! Woot!
I, of course, agree :)
I told her that one ought to be in a "Big Magazine" of some sort...
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom