Vortoberfest VI - After Action Pics & Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well - that is a story in itself - Lowell didn't book JM but Shane did. Then Lowell was blindsided by an invoice from JM. At first I was angry but then it hit me that we were bold in expecting the springs to pay for our entertainment. It worked out ok in the end. The event was planned ahead but was met with a midstream management change. Stuff happens. Next time we will be prepared. A lot of animosity seems to come from the firing of Shane. I will be glad to fill you in on the events privately but will not do so on the net. My suggestion is that we book JM and Tam for our events and through sponsors or donations pay for our own entertainment in future events.

Hypothetical: So I order $100 in office supplies, and a week later I'm fired. When the office supplies are delivered, my former bosses refuse to pay the invoice, even though their customers were expecting work product prepared with those supplies?

I don't have a dog in the hunt. I can't say I've ever even met Shane, and While JM and bride seem like nice folks, I care nothing for Karaoke......

But it seems to me like whoever is running the show is bent on spilling bad blood across the board. In addition to not paying vendors (no excuse for this considering the number of folks spending money there for VortoberFest), I personally overheard a conversation where plans were being made to arrest a certain person if they showed up for the festivities. Not the best way to foster good will with the dive community...

I was unaware of this problem until after the fact. Had I known while there I would have kicked in some cash.

I don't sing but it was great fun to watch others & some of them are pretty damned good :wink:

I'm of the opinion that while there was a dustup with the new management this time, we should have that straight before spring & simply follow through on what ever the agreement is at that time.

If people attending need to kick in something to cover the tab, make it known ahead of time. I'm thinking that enough will have no problem with that & it'll be covered.

... I care nothing for Karaoke......
What????
Say it ain't so!
If they can get *me* up there trying to sing *Elvis* then *anybody* can sing *anything* and it'll be *superb* :D
Thankyouverymuch...
Rick

If they can get *me* up there trying to sing *Elvis* then *anybody* can sing *anything* and it'll be *superb* :D
Dear Uncle Ricky,

I have been chosen by the group to tell you that "superb" wasn't the adjective any of us would use to describe your singing.

Your friends in Scuba... The Angry Mob.

Dear Uncle Ricky,

I have been chosen by the group to tell you that "superb" wasn't the adjective any of us would use to describe your singing.
Yes, well, that was my point, wasn't it? By comparison, even *yours* ... or Hetland's ... would be "superb!"
:D
Rick

No one will be satisfied until you lead the group in the Chicken Dance.........

What????
Say it ain't so!
Thankyouverymuch...
Rick

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
Get used to dissatisfaction...
Rick

Here are some of my pics from Cypress Springs on Saturday. They don't compare to Hetlands, but thought I'd share them anyway. The place is just so pretty. Click on the thumb to see the bigger pic in my album. I still haven't figured out how to post them like Hetland does, but this works. BTW, I liked Uncle Ricky's rendition of "In the Ghetto".

Did anyone ask the folks from Germany if they actually do the Chicken Dance over there.

Originally Posted by Tom Smedley

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom