Vortoberfest V - 2009 Trip Report and Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stopped by early Saturday on the way East to get some fills at Vortex. I saw a few of the regulars and said hello to everyone I could find, but I guess alot of people were headed out towards the gulf or some of the other area springs. It was great seeing the people out there, wish I could have seen everyone else and spent more time over there. I'll definately be out for Spring-SpringFest with plans to stick around more.

Here's a few from Morrison Spring

vortoberFest068.jpg

vortoberFest070.jpg

vortoberFest071.jpg

vortoberFest072.jpg

vortoberFest074.jpg

Bugman you were definitely missed, especially around the campsite! Looking at all the rain tho, you definitely missed out on some of the suffering!

Carolyn:shark2:

Last edited:
LOL, I heard it rained pretty bad on Friday.

I nearly had to scrap my entire weekend, but luckily I was able to hitch a ride out to some cavern dives(even one cave dive!) a little further East. With a bit of luck, my work situation has finally become solid again, and I'll be able to attend this kinda thing without any issues, ugh! I was able to stop by real quick and see Pete, the Snep's, Denise and the AAs, Docc, wjefferis, ClanMom, AUkade, and Tom Smedley while getting some fills(sorry if I forgot anyone).

Nice Pics Alex. Here are a few of my Saltwater pics as well:

PA105800.jpg

PA105808.jpg

PA105809.jpg

PA105828.jpg

PA105832.jpg

PA105843.jpg

PA105854.jpg

PA105847.jpg

PA105878.jpg

PA105885.jpg

PA105908.jpg

I like this one of a large bubble from below the best of all the shots I took. See, Safety stops can be productive photo opportunities! It took me about 20 attempts to finally time it to get a shot in focus, I just kept hoping the diver below me would stay there!

PA105932.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom