* * * Vortoberfest III (2007) Mega Dive Plan * * *

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think I will be able to take time out from my packing and painting to do any diving. :(:(:(:(:( but I would like to stop by at some point to say hi. When would be a good time to do that?

Kch! Saturday night, definately. Come on out and let us cook for you, for once! :D

Kch! Saturday night, definately. Come on out and let us cook for you, for once! :D

Matt what is your diving plans for Saturday looking like?

I don't think I will be able to take time out from my packing and painting to do any diving. :(:(:(:(:( but I would like to stop by at some point to say hi. When would be a good time to do that?

hey... with you moving, you're gonna come back so that you're brother will show up with some more crawfish and cook them right? :D

Matt what is your diving plans for Saturday looking like?

Thinking Morning at Morrison for a tank, then likely take a little drive to check out some leads. Be back at Vortex mid-day and stick around for the rest of the day.

For sure, one dive at Morrison, and two at Vortex(likely one at night).

Hey guys,
I'm definitely interested in the whole Vortoberfest thing, seems like it's going to be a fun time, but I was wondering...

As a first timer what type of stuff would I need to bring?

If I decided to stay the night--I think it would only be Friday night as Saturday afternoon I have a date with the FSU/Miami game--would I need to make a reservation, or could I just crash in the corner of someone's site (if it's not too imposing)?

Also, with all the cavern/cave certified divers, is anyone going to be down for some regular open water type dives?

-Mike

Hey guys,
I'm definitely interested in the whole Vortoberfest thing, seems like it's going to be a fun time, but I was wondering...

As a first timer what type of stuff would I need to bring?

If I decided to stay the night--I think it would only be Friday night as Saturday afternoon I have a date with the FSU/Miami game--would I need to make a reservation, or could I just crash in the corner of someone's site (if it's not too imposing)?

Also, with all the cavern/cave certified divers, is anyone going to be down for some regular open water type dives?

-Mike
Plenty of opportunity for regular open water type dives.
I can't speak for those who have sites already, but I imagine if you show up someone will have a "corner." Or rent your own... I don't think the tent sites are all that much.
Rick
Rick

Comon out Mike. The majority of the divers coming are only OW divers. Cavern/Cave certified divers will likely be able to be counted on one hand.

Tent sites are $20 a night.

There should be people with room on thier sites, but maybe I shouldn't promise that as I don't have a site and plan on knabbing a corner myself - LOL.

My plan so far...

Friday

8AM meet at Morrison Springs for a single dive
Pack up and head slightly north for a little exploration adventure to Holmes Blue Spring
Eat lunch and head back to Morrison for an afternoon dive
Sally's!

Saturday
8-9AM in the morning at Morrison for a single dive
Drive out slightly North to find a boat launch I will use in the future to find a couple other springs - possibly check one of them out if it is close enough to the launch itself.
Sally's!
Spend the rest of the day/night at Vortex - hoping to get 2 dives
Vortoberfest shinanigans!

Sunday
Leave Vortex around 8:30AM and head to Cypress for 2 dives
Go home

Well, now it looks like Friday's out. I just got roped into taking a horse over to Tallahassee for some xrays.

I'm looking forward to reading those dive reports though. Hopefully I'll make it out to dive some of these springs one day--it's kind of crazy I live so close but have never dove any.

Thanks for the information guys and I hope you have a good time.
-Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom