Vortex Question and Answer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to thank all of you for supporting Vortex. I will do my best to bring it up to date and make it a place worth diving.

I agree with SuperBugMan, thanks for the updates. I will be visiting the spring this weekend so see you soon Shane.

Stopped diving vortex when the price went to $32 per diver and you couldn't hardly get into the water without running into a swimmer.

I will definatley be back now - along with our whole dive team from north Alabama.

Sounds like your going to have a great business because you are (dir) Doing it right for everyone.
Thanks again and we will support you on every trip

-SC3

The third restriction is almost clear. Ed has been working on vacuuming it out for the last two weeks or so and he can almost pass it with back mounts. FYI

have they smoothed out the dirt road into Vortex? it was so wash-boarded last time that I think I chipped a tooth riding down it.
Just so you'll know there's no lack of effort, that sand is just the right consistency that can go from freshly flattened to full washboard in a single day with the amount of traffic at Vortex. I've seen it do that myself on several occasions.
Rick

I have not dove Vortex for a while and hope that I can change that during the up-coming Votoberfest...look forward to seeing the area and give feedback to divers from the Pensacola area.

U need to confirm so called facts!
SCUBA clubs would be a way to spread the word that Doc wants to say thanks to all the loyal regular divers & instructors who have paid to dive time & time again during the years (35) he owned Vortex Spring.
Thank you is good.
Doc has retired, no dive clubs, not one!
The Free diving is simply diving for the certified diver for FREE.
Just drive into the gate marked Dockery Manor. Don't stop at the dive shop. There is no reason to. Park on the Manor side and dive for a day.
Be sure to have your gear and air. Dive all day or just one dive for FREE!

No Cost will not last forever so don't miss out.

SCUBA clubs would be a way to spread the word that Doc wants to say thanks to all the loyal regular divers & instructors who have paid to dive time & time again during the years (35) he owned Vortex Spring.
Thank you is good.
Just drive into the gate marked Dockery Manor. Don't stop at the dive shop. There is no reason to. Park on the Manor side and dive for a day.

so this free diving? it going to continue after the commercial operation goes out of business because of this and the fued?

No Cost will not last forever so don't miss out.

hmmm... I guess that answers the last question... :D

so that just means we'll be back to the same old problems we have before and pretty much guarenteed a price increase.

The new management appears to be trying to improve the operation for divers and also lowered the price recently. Seems to me that we should support them for now and give them a chance to see what they have in store for the site. I look forward to their positive changes. I think most others agree.

Thank you is good.

No Cost will not last forever so don't miss out.:lotsalove:

LOL....I have no reason to comment on this one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom