Vortex Question and Answer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great to see you on here Shane. I look forward to coming back, as I have told you in person I think its a great place to dive and its nice to see someone running the place who cares about it.

Thank you Kevin, I am doing my best to turn vortex back into the diving meca it once was.

It is great to see someone in charge of a 'dive Destination' willing to come on this board and talk about their business. I have not been to Vortex for a couple of years now to dive, but over the years I spent many a nice day, and night, there with students and just for fun. I have watched Vortex being 'born', grow into a great dive site, and then sadly decline as the owners and managers simply got 'burned out'. So glad that someone is now in charge to help get this great place back up and running. Keep up the good work and thanks for keeping us all informed this way....

We also change some of the content to the website aswell.:wink:

Nice job :) The content makes the cave less enticing to OW divers now, hopefully that will cut down on too many people diving back beyond their ability.

You are welcome Shane. I will be back there in a few weeks as my girlfriend will be going through her OW certification with our group from Montgomery. Look forward to seeing you again.

Shane thanks for being so upfront.... We ( the dive shop I teach out of ) used to go there all the time, but they wouldn't give our shop any breaks on the price, even though we were bringing in a large amount of students each month. I will put a bug in the owners ear and feel him out since there are new prices. I like going there, it's a one stop certification shop !!!!

Good job on the website. Some of the original wording was less than clear.

Do you have any plans for the cave? Maybe remove some of the,errr....... improvements ?

I have only been to Vortex once (first day of cavern course) At the time I was underwhelmed by the experience. Seems like its going in the right direction now though.

I like the wording changes on the website regarding the overhead environment. You're still going to give the key to the gate to certified cave divers aren't you?

What is the staus of improving the water clarity? I have heard that it is still cloudy in the spring. Is this true or just rumor?

Shane.... on your website it says:

This (Vortex) Panhandle diver paradise is "the Mecca of dive training" says Southern Diver Magazine.

Where can you find this magazine. I think I've heard of it before but I've never actually seen it. A www.google.com search of "Southern Diver Magazine" has only a few hits and most them are references to Vortex.

anyone else seen this magazine before? I'm interested in seeing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom