Vortex Question and Answer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shane,
Sounds like you're trying hard. Here's to Ya! I'm visiting for the first time during Vortoberfest. Sounds like it will be great there. Do I need to make reservations for tent camping? I'd like to be in the area with the rest of the ScubaBoarders.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.

I spent this weekend diving with our group from Montgomery while they were certifying new divers. We were at Vortex and also did a dive at Morrison after classes were over. This gets me to the point. 19 dollars is awfully cheap to dive a place with a great staff and nice facilities to sit and change without getting sand all over your gear. Not to mention having a clean bathroom or even rooms to rent for convenience. Free diving you say. Nobody who values these things would take advantage of free diving. It may be legal right now for this to happen but it doesnt make it right and in no way is ethical. If you want the high prices to come back then by all means take advantage of the free diving. This is my opinion as well as the opinion of many others I know, I dont mind paying a reasonable fee to dive Vortex for the services that are offered. Keep up the good work Shane.

U need to confirm so called facts!
SCUBA clubs would be a way to spread the word that Doc wants to say thanks to all the loyal regular divers & instructors who have paid to dive time & time again during the years (35) he owned Vortex Spring.
Thank you is good.
Doc has retired, no dive clubs, not one!
The Free diving is simply diving for the certified diver for FREE.
Just drive into the gate marked Dockery Manor. Don't stop at the dive shop. There is no reason to. Park on the Manor side and dive for a day.
Be sure to have your gear and air. Dive all day or just one dive for FREE!

No Cost will not last forever so don't miss out.

Looks like Doc found ScubaBoard :rofl3:.

Say thank you? - he sold the place out from under his own family who told me they didn't like the idea. What would make him care about me?

Thanks for the advertisement but the product smells funny.

:lotsalove: :lotsalove: :lotsalove: :lotsalove: :lotsalove:

U need to confirm so called facts!
SCUBA clubs would be a way to spread the word that Doc wants to say thanks to all the loyal regular divers & instructors who have paid to dive time & time again during the years (35) he owned Vortex Spring.
Thank you is good.
Doc has retired, no dive clubs, not one!
The Free diving is simply diving for the certified diver for FREE.
Just drive into the gate marked Dockery Manor. Don't stop at the dive shop. There is no reason to. Park on the Manor side and dive for a day.
Be sure to have your gear and air. Dive all day or just one dive for FREE!

No Cost will not last forever so don't miss out.
I don't have a dog in this fight, but it seems to me that the folks paying for the day-to-day maintenance of the spring should be entitled to some compensation from those who use it.
I may take Doc up on his offer to use his side of the spring for entry, but I'll pay Shane, too. I assume paying Shane doesn't cancel the offer to use Doc's property, right?
Rick

I just noticed the post count for timetodive.

One post and it's wasted on this drivel. What a troll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say thank you? - he sold the place out from under his own family who told me they didn't like the idea. What would make him care about me?

what does "sold the place out from under his own family" mean? Did or did not Doc own the property and business? If he did, then he has all the right in the world to sell it and cash out on what he built over the years and with his own hands. If there were other shareholders then obviously one would expect compensation, but one would then expect some sort of formal governance structure.

Just because some kids expect an inheritance, doesn't mean its theirs by right :)

Personally, I expect my father to spend every damn dime before he dies, just as I will.:D

Shane,

I would like to take the time to say THANK YOU. It is nice to finally have someone their that is concerned about divers since they are the main life line of the spring. It is only a shame that there are people that are trying to under mine everything you are trying to do. Me personally i will continue to pay the 19.00. Also i keep hearing more and more about this cool female instructor you have. I have got to get down there and see her.:D

I just noticed the post count for timetodive.

One post and it's wasted on this drivel. What a troll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As always your words are wise. Going to change the subject for a moment and tell you that you did a great job on the article you wrote on the Destin jettys. Hope to dive there soon.

have they smoothed out the dirt road into Vortex? it was so wash-boarded last time that I think I chipped a tooth riding down it.

That is the nature of a Florida "dirt" road. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom