Volunteer State Meet and Greet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
you guys realize the water temps will still be in the 50's then in April don't you?

I knew I logged my dives for some reason. Here's what I wrote down last year around this time.

4/1/06 = 50 deg @ 44'
4/15/06 = 59 deg @ 43'
4/29/06 = 64 deg @ 41'

This post is very interesting! --and brings back memories of years gone by..

I attended Castle Heights Military Academy in the 1940s. At that time it was located within a few blocks of down town on a small hill. It is my understanding that it and many of the MAs of the south have closed their doors..

A compressor in a bus? --that is classic!

Watch out for that CO in air==lipoid pneumonia= longterm recovery.

Cheers from California--where it all began,

SDM

If the coldest it gets is 50*, i'll be golden. Weather topside should be reasonably mild by the last week of april, and as long as I don't have a sub-zero windchill to deal with, i'm fine.

I think the water temperature at Martha's varies depending on location as well, even on the same day. Like if you're at 40' in the crusher house it's 4 deg colder than at 40' in the trench. Or vice versa, I don't remember which. I'm fairly confident that it won't be colder than 55 deg on the day we're all there, tho.

Mike

Tanked Monkey:
I think the water temperature at Martha's varies depending on location as well, even on the same day. Like if you're at 40' in the crusher house it's 4 deg colder than at 40' in the trench. Or vice versa, I don't remember which. I'm fairly confident that it won't be colder than 55 deg on the day we're all there, tho.

Mike

From what I can tell its generally colder in the trench then in the house. The springs are located (from what Fred said) over near the bus. So that is generally the coldest part of the quarry.

sam miller:
This post is very interesting! --and brings back memories of years gone by..

I attended Castle Heights Military Academy in the 1940s. At that time it was located within a few blocks of down town on a small hill. It is my understanding that it and many of the MAs of the south have closed their doors..
SDM

Hey, didn't Greg and Duane Allman go there?

Did you know Eddie Davis from Dyersburg? Maybe after your time. Sorry.

Count me in for the 21st. I've been wanting to try out Martha's for a while, plus meet some of you SBers! I'm looking forward to it!

Back
Top Bottom