Volunteer State Meet and Greet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

utdivermatt:
I want to say rental tanks are $15 and fills are $7 (did anyone else just say ouch?).

*ouch* is right... $15 for a rental is pretty high for an air tank. Nitrox maybe, but not air.

Hey Mike... you going to offer me any tanks too?

I can prob do that... but I'm just not 'feeling the love' from your other postings... :D

You want air or Nitrox?

I wouldnt trust his airfills in tanks I own (when I own them). He has a compressor, but I am pretty sure it is diesel, and fairly shady looking. No nitrox, and I seriously doubt O2 clean.

Yeah... you need to make sure your shots are up to date before you get near their compressor.

Here's what it looked like when they had it mounted in the rear of a school bus

AUT_0119.JPG

mike_s:
I can prob do that... but I'm just not 'feeling the love' from your other postings... :D

You want air or Nitrox?

Yeah... you need to make sure your shots are up to date before you get near their compressor.

Here's what it looked like when they had it mounted in the rear of a school bus

AUT_0119.JPG

You know there is love for you mike... we only tease those we like :D

I would love some Nitrox if your offering the tanks. I would definately cover fills for you. Just gotta make sure the shop down the road can fill.

That might be the same compressor. I think it is on a trailor now. I havent seen the schoolbus.

utdivermatt:
You know there is love for you mike... we only tease those we like :D

I would love some Nitrox if your offering the tanks. I would definately cover fills for you. Just gotta make sure the shop down the road can fill.

That might be the same compressor. I think it is on a trailor now. I havent seen the schoolbus.

As long as I can make it, I can bring them full.

maybe they sank the schoolbus.

Fred sank a sailboat one year by floating it out in the quarry, then shot it with a cannon, or so I heard.

Mike if you could bring a couple spare tanks for me that would be awesome. I'm sure i'll probably still be diving air then.

Greetings Matt and everyone else!

I can't go diving on April 7th, (25th Wedding Anniversary and all), but if you guys want to pick the 21st, I'll commit to being there.... I can probably bring out about 6 EAN32 AL80's.... Will just need to see the Nitrox cards before I give them out to anyone....

Take Care,

Randy Cain

ScubaRandy:
Greetings Matt and everyone else!

I can't go diving on April 7th, (25th Wedding Anniversary and all), but if you guys want to pick the 21st, I'll commit to being there.... I can probably bring out about 6 EAN32 AL80's.... Will just need to see the Nitrox cards before I give them out to anyone....

Take Care,

Randy Cain

Oh man. That would be awesome if you can help with tanks. Your an instructor... any chance you can get the vouchers?

We gotta play by the rules with the Nitrox? Thats no fun! (yes, I have my card)

Yes, I can help with the cards.... I'll just need to know how many people are comingby the weekend before the event, so if we are looking at the 21st of April, let's get the replies by 4/14/2007 of how many are coming, and I'll get the cards on 4/14 from Fred...

And yes, being an instructor and all, I have to make sure that everyone that dives on Nitrox is certified on Nitrox... It's that pesky little thing called verification and it has something to do with standards... :D

Randy

I can't blame Randy for that... if something happened that was not even nitrox related and he didn't verify, as an instructor he could be automatically liable in a lawsuit. Everyone (or the deceased family) is sue happy now days.

April 21st should work for me, as far as I can tell. I've been meaning to make it up to Martha, anyway. I'll have to see if I can get a buddy or two to join me in the trek from Baton Rouge. (There *will* be night diving, too, eh?)

(April 6-9 is Easter weekend for me, and I've already planned to drive up to South Holston Lake Dam near Bristol, TN, to get some bottom time.)

Back
Top Bottom