Volunteer State Meet and Greet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClayJar:
April 21st should work for me (There *will* be night diving, too, eh?)

April 21 sounds good to me. Night dive oh yeah!:D

Looks like April 21st is turning into the time to do this. Since people are coming from out of town, I think we should definately make a weekend out of it... anyone opposed?

About the night dives... I dont know a good answer to that. Maybe Randy or someone else local can give us more details. They dont have a certain time listed to be done with diving, but generally everyone is gone by 5 or so. I would love to get a couple of night dives there though, so if anyone has a good answer to this, let me know too!

Well i don't think i have any issues with April 21st, so that works for me. But yeah, it'll definetlely have to be a weekend thing, it'll probably be a 3-4 hour drive for me.

I'm interested. I'm working right now to change my other plans for April 21, so I'll be there.

As far as night diving goes . . . Fred's pretty loose about when he closes up the quarry. If we tell him that several of us are night diving, he won't shoo us out until we're done. Now if we're just standing around, hemming and hawing, he'll probably tell us he's locking up for the night.

Mike

(edit - I've successfully changed my plans on April 21, so I'm definitely going to dive that day)

As Tanked Monkey said, if we tell Fred that several of us are going for night dives, then either he, his son, or Sammy will stay around until we finish.

So I'll bring my 10'x12' EZ-up for some shade and such.... I do have some chairs I can bring, and a big cooler stocked with bottled water and Gatorade/Powerade....

So 4/21/07 is the date... I'll go ahead and acquire some cards... say 10?

Thanks everyone!

Randy

I've got my own cards (leftover from last year) so I'm self-sufficient. Based on last year, Martha's was a ghost town in April until the OW classes started in May. I doubt we'll have any trouble getting multiple tables within the pavillion in April.

Mike

Tanked Monkey:
I've got my own cards (leftover from last year) so I'm self-sufficient. Based on last year, Martha's was a ghost town in April until the OW classes started in May. I doubt we'll have any trouble getting multiple tables within the pavillion in April.

Mike

It will prob be a ghost town this april also....

you guys realize the water temps will still be in the 50's then in April don't you?

mike_s:
It will prob be a ghost town this april also....

you guys realize the water temps will still be in the 50's then in April don't you?

That's warm water to me. Dive Haven and Lanier are in the lower 40's right now, and i'm diving wet.

If I can get away for a day I'll come up! Boss says I maybe can if I fulfill my promise to paint the living room....... :)

mike_s:
Oh, bother. It'll be up to the 50s already? Do you think if I go to the bottom, I can at least find some nice 40s? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom