Volunteer State Meet and Greet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

utdivermatt:
Sounds good Truckster. What kind of reg you trying out? I have a Dive Rite and love it. Where are you in Middle TN? If you are just coming one day, it might be easy for you to just rent a tank from SA if its near you. Hope to see you there!

The regs are the RG2500ICE. It was a toss up between these and the Apeks ATX50s, but I want to learn how to work on my own regs. From what I've found the Dive Rites are much easier for an individual to acquire parts and manuals for.

I'm living in Pleasant View, just north of Nashville, and working in Springfield. SA in Hendersonville is pretty close to me. My fiance used to live less than two blocks from this shop. It's where we were certified.

Not sure if were are going to make it on the 21st or not. It sounds like my better half may have to work that weekend. :( But if we don't make it then, I'm sure we'll be at Martha's off and on all summer. It's been a couple of years since we've been there. I'm finally out of school now and making enough money to atleast partially support my $$$ hobbies. Looking forward to getting some serious diving in this summer!

-Dan

Boomer7:
Thanks Lone frogman. I need the exact address to figure out driving time.

Brian.

It's about 2.5 hours driving time from HSV . (Maybe a little more if you stop any or drive slower).

Take I-65 North to the I-840 bypass (outside Nasvhille) going east. Then go west when you reach I-40 for 1 exit until you reach Hwy 109, which is on the Marthas Directions Map.

(The I-840 bypass is optional. you can take I-65 through downtown Nashville until your reach I-40, but it's a huge hassle compared to I-840 which is much easier to drive).

If you're using mapquest or google maps to plot the directions, use
36.222188,-86.440859 as your GPS coordinates.

Here's a direct link for directions, down to the quarry road.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...0.011927,0.017896&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=9&t=h&om=1

Hope that helps.

-Mike

So any new developments, or idea of how many will be there ?
If I come alone, will picking up a buddy be a problem ?

No real new developments. Date is set for the 21st and 22nd. Finding a buddy shouldnt be a problem. Looks like plenty of people with enough variety of experience to get buddies for everyone.

My chances of going went down big time...

my wife fell and broke her arm. the arm itself doesn't keep me from going, but she can't pick up our 5 month old with a broken arm, so right now for the next couple weeks, I'm on diaper duty. oh well.

I'll let you guys know if anything changes as this date is still almost 3 weeks away.

I have a four day weekend the LAST weekend in April!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sigh* noone else seems to be free then.

I haven't read the whole thread yet, if I don't have a buddy, would that be a problem to find one?

Sorry about the wife Mike. We'll all hope for a SPEEDY recovery.

I'll be coming as a single, and my guess is there will be others as well. I don't have many dives logged, but would be happy to buddy up with anyone.

There should be lots of people without a dive buddy (myself included). Most of us going are good people though, so surely everyone will have someone to dive with. Something else that crossed my mind... April 22nd appears to be Earth Day. Does anyone have any plans for that? It seems like it might be a good reason to pull some trash out of the quarry... dont know if its every been done in recent history (someone from around Nashville know of anything?). I know there is quite a bit of trash away from the main sites (like the buildings), but it would be kinda nice to pull up some of those cans and trash. Anyone elses thoughts?

Oh yeah... and two weeks!

I'm flying to Texas on the 27th to do an Earth Day (belated) clean-up dive of the Comal River.

Wonder what the recent record setting cold snap will do to the water temps at Martha's ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom