Viking dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could a regular neo wet glove work with these? Might eventually rip or stretch so much that it wouldn't seal but seems doable.

Wonder if Henderson's hyperstretch would do it? I wasn't sure about the seal myself that is why I asked. If all else fails try the dry gloves that have the latex seal, sorry can't think of the brand.

Henderson is manufacturing a dry glove that has a neoprene with a latex seal. It might work, but I cannot test it... It is Min's glove.

In addition, you can DIY the ring. Been there done that.

Let me know what you think. I have been wanting a pair but never ordered them. I know of one person that uses them and he swears by them.

I have an extra set that I will never use, if you want them.

Henderson is manufacturing a dry glove that has a neoprene with a latex seal. It might work, but I cannot test it... It is Min's glove.

In addition, you can DIY the ring. Been there done that.

I thought about the ones with the latex seal but it kinda defeats the purpose...cheap.

I've got some neoprene/latex heavy duty gloves XL from home depot, and wore a climawarm fleece glove and a very thin liner beneath. Dexterity is fine with that combination, and getting the first glove on was fairly straightforward.

Second glove, forget it.

OK, I know you eventually get the hang of it, but perhaps it's the latex glove that I'm using. I may order the Viking heavy duty glove from bob3 - perhaps stretching that one will be easier.

If you can get the first glove on then stretch shouldn't be a problem with the second glove. It's just a matter of technique.

Put your hand in the glove and fold the wrist material back on itself so that you can grab it easily with your other hand and pull it over one side of the ring and hold it there by pressing that hand against your chest. Now grab the other side of the folded back material with your other hand and do the same thing. It does take practice however.:D

The way I put on my stretch Viking Gloves was to use the side of my leg to hold one side in place which stretching the other over. Make sure the fingernails are trimmed or you may puncture the glove. It's not easy at first but does get easier over time. You can't use the Atlas gloves, the inner cloth lining will leak, it's got to be smooth rubber of some sort. The ones you saw at the lumber store look similar to my Viking gloves but without the rubber round band at the end.

Stick to how Viking wanted it and you will NEVER have a leak, modify the glove type/style at your risk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom