Viking dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hudson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I just got a CF200 with Viking dry glove cuffs attached. Being the clueless newbie I am, I don't really know what dry gloves would work. Do I just need to get some chemical/heavy duty gloves and stretch them over the cuffs and I'm done? Don't I need something like an o-ring to complete the seal? Or do I need dry gloves with latex seals attached?

Do you have the bayonet rings, or the other kind? The bayonet ones have little plastic "tabs" that tell you how to mate the suit and cuff rings.

Thanks, I've seen that site and judging by the last picture:

DI-DryGlove4.jpg

All you need is some type of generic latex or PVC glove like the Atlas and stretch it over the ring and you are done. I just wanted to confirm that.

Thanks, I've seen that site and judging by the last picture:

DI-DryGlove4.jpg

All you need is some type of generic latex or PVC glove like the Atlas and stretch it over the ring and you are done. I just wanted to confirm that.

I have that style and you are correct. It works very well. Any latex glove will work. Find one thick enough to do the job but not so thick that it's hard to stretch over the ring.

I should add that with only a little practice you will be able to put your gloves on without anyone's help. At first you may need help while putting on the second glove.The key is to stretch one side on and hold it against your chest while you put the other side on.
PVC won't stretch and make sure not to get one with any type of liner for the same reasons. Just use a seperate liner.

Let me know what you think. I have been wanting a pair but never ordered them. I know of one person that uses them and he swears by them.

They really are the best in the land, flat out.

I've got some neoprene/latex heavy duty gloves XL from home depot, and wore a climawarm fleece glove and a very thin liner beneath. Dexterity is fine with that combination, and getting the first glove on was fairly straightforward.

Second glove, forget it.

OK, I know you eventually get the hang of it, but perhaps it's the latex glove that I'm using. I may order the Viking heavy duty glove from bob3 - perhaps stretching that one will be easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom