Viking classic cuff glove recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like them so far. Great value for the comfort- I'm been shamelessly proselytizing dry gloves to all my dive buddies since I got them.

I recently bought these from Grainger:
ANSELL Chemical Resistant Glove, Sz 11, PR - Chemical Resistant Gloves - 1AZ32|29-865 - Grainger Industrial Supply

I haven't dived them yet, but I'm sure they'll be fine. I had been diving these:
https://www.safetysolutions.com/retail/item/08200030004/CHMXL-10-BEST-CHEM-MASTER

I found them in an outdoor store on the coast- the only downside is that the biggest size was just a skosh too small, causing me to use thinner liners than I think I'll need for this winter. Any kind of an unsupported neoprene glove in this thickness range can be substituted. The thing with the flocking- so far, they've been fine but theoretically they might back off the rings after a few dives if they get stretched out enough. Maybe- I just haven't dove them enough to say as I installed the rings this summer. Fortunately, these gloves are cheap. My local dive shop sells some thicker rubber gloves, but I don't know much about them except that they were a lot more money. For now, the thin ones will work for photography- if I was crabbing or digging for clams it'd be a different story. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom