Viking Bayonet Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akirawut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone know where to get the Viking Bayonet ring system in the GVRD? Does anyone use this ring system with the marigolds?

Thanks,
-Tom

Contact Bob3 here on ScubaBoard.

Hi Tom,
I use the Si Tech system (screw off rings) with the marigolds. The gloves are too thin for the rings as is but I wrapped a few turns of electricians tape around the inner retainer and they then fit fine. I think the glove to ring attachment system is somewhat similar to the Vikings in that regard.

Screw the bayonet system...go with the Viking classic. It works every time with marigolds

U\O

Dale: How do you find the SI Tech screw off Rings? I have been using just the SI Tech cuffs with stretched over marigolds. Having issues with slight leakage... cold at the end of the day.

Had a couple shops almost straight up say not to bother with the screw off glove assembly that matches it... said so so performance. That's how I started looking at the viking bayonet system... I like the idea of the positive locking, would like to check them out at least.

Another option I was looking at was the Diving Concepts system.

Underwater Ogre: I can see the classic rings on their site, I'm having a tough time finding any sort of installation instructions to see how the system works. Do you happen to have a link that would show me how it all goes together?

Dale: How do you find the SI Tech screw off Rings? I have been using just the SI Tech cuffs with stretched over marigolds. Having issues with slight leakage... cold at the end of the day.

Had a couple shops almost straight up say not to bother with the screw off glove assembly that matches it... said so so performance. That's how I started looking at the viking bayonet system... I like the idea of the positive locking, would like to check them out at least.

Another option I was looking at was the Diving Concepts system.

Underwater Ogre: I can see the classic rings on their site, I'm having a tough time finding any sort of installation instructions to see how the system works. Do you happen to have a link that would show me how it all goes together?
Try Michel out here in Abbotsford. I think I gave you his number previously. I have that system and like it a lot.

I agree with Stuarts nod to Michel. Nice guy and a wealth of information.
I wouldn't buy the screw off rings system again. The o ring seals much better on the bayonet system (very comparable to the difference between a DIN and Yoke tank valve). With the SiTech the o ring often gets pinched out of the groove as the one cuff is pushed into the other and I flood about 1/4 times. That said, Dustin had a heck of a time getting his vikings off the other day (needed pliers) so perhaps he can comment on that aspect of them.

Screw the bayonet system...go with the Viking classic. It works every time with marigolds

U\O

+1 that's what I use. Dive buddies scoff and show me their fancy glove systems and proceed to start licking it and complain about leaks while I'm already geared up and perfectly dry throughout the dive. My gloves cost $5 and are really easy to pull on. I got the rings from Bob. Very happy.

I have the SI Tech and the Viking system. They both secure the gloves in the exact same way.

Do you have the different colored plastic compression rings, I.E. green, yellow, blue?

I have the SI Tech and the Viking system. They both secure the gloves in the exact same way.

Do you have the different colored plastic compression rings, I.E. green, yellow, blue?

I understand that on the Viking bayonet system the glove side twists into the suit side, as per the pdf on their site. Not quite the same as the SI system which is push in, then thread out.

edit: it made no sense!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom