VEO 1.0 Altitude Adjustment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

007wilk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Veo 1.0 computer seems stuck in the El2 setting (elevations in the range of 3,000-5,000 ft). I am in Southern Ontario at an altitude of less than 1,000 ft (<300m) but it was the same when I was ocean diving. Is this adjustable somehow?

Assuming it means the unit is faulty, does anybody know how to get it fixed under warranty, if I bouht the unit online? I actualy bought it mail order from the Scubapro in the US but I live in Canada.

Any chance an Oceanic rep could comment here? I have sent an email to Oceanic's tech support, however, received no response.

Last edited:
This sub-forum is titled "Q and A for Scuba Manufacturers". The question is, do the Oceanic people know about this forum or are they just ignoring my questions?

In the meantime, I got a very brief reply from Oceanic Canada advising me to send the unit back to the vendor. Is this really what happens to guys like me who naively buy stuff from the US-based online retailers? Leisurepro charges $31.20 to ship this computer to Canada (one way). How come, the warranty is not "global" or "international"?

The Oceanic rep used to be fairly active on here, but I haven't seen him posting in at least a few months. I think he got promoted or moved to another division, so maybe that has something to do with his SB absence. I had an issue with my Veo 3 about a month and a half ago and didn't get any response from Oceanic here or from their tech support (I sent them a message too) either. I think I figured out the what/why's of my issue and now have a very good idea of what happens when it gets turned on in an airplane. (it's not something I'd recommend as an experiment unless you don't plan on diving for a few days)

Hopefully somebody'll come up with a solution that doesn't involve shipping it back to Leisurepro, but if that's what you have to do, I guess you'll have to do it. Good luck.

Doug got promoted to VP of aeris but I don't think they fill his old position.

Give them a call on the phone they are great providing customer service that way.
I think the computer needs to be calibrated so you would have to send it into them.

Back
Top Bottom