Venice Sharks tooth, urgent read please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Picked these up Tues. with FL. West
Vis was 20'+
Temp 83

Attachments

• teeth10232007.JPG
    teeth10232007.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 63
Hey, what happened to that guy, anyway? He did a "post and run"!!! In fact, he has never logged back on here to see what we posted in response to his silliness. :w-t-f:

Drive by spamming. Makes me wonder if he's lurking though.

Picked these up Tues. with FL. West
Vis was 20'+
Temp 83

I gota know, do you have a subscription or discount with FW? :D

I am still waiting for the guy to tell me how many folks have died out there in pursuit of the meg; sounds like a movie.....

My daughter was 10 when we first dove Venice, had I known how dangerous it was we would have just gone to Jersey.

My family and I will be back in June on our annual fossil diving trip, if that guy will give me some more info on the dangers I may be able to get some of the more adventurous of our friends to come along, a trip to Venice is cheaper than a trip to the Doria, and it seems much more dangerous...

I actually was bruised up by a heard of stampeding sea horses once, it was a horrible experience and I would not reccomend diving in the 3 fathoms of Venice without an experienced wrangler ever again. As that write bye poster mentioned about returning with 1000psi is gospel to live by. That particular day the water was a calm errie glass conditions and the seas were clear, I was down to 400psi and 50 yards from shore in 3 fathoms of water. oHHH i just wanted to find that one meg , it all happened when I was down to 300psi and 28 yards from shore. The only thing I can remember is the rammada of ships going by at break neck speeds all around the flag, this I would suspect is what started the stampede, I then I saw this cloud of white and brown stuff heading towards me... I then glanced at my guage and saw I was down to 350psi and then I looked up and sea horses were all over me , I dont rememeber much after that , but, I did wake up rolling in the surf caused by the rammada of boats, I am not sure , but , I think the boats might have saved my life from being trampled.... as the wake must have lifted me and dropped me on the beach with 250psi still in my tank, I musta blacked out during the propulsion of the wake. If I headed back when I had 1000psi I wouldnt have risked my life against the stamped of sea horses. One thing I did notice and can pass this along if you see a flock of robin fish heading the same direction in a hurry , be ready ...it just might be the Venice stampede.

BTW I will be diving at 8:am tomorrow morning and will post the conditions

WooHoo!! Nice haul guys!:D

Is anyone willing to give up some numbers for getting to the boneyard by boat? I figure by now it isn't really a secret (except to me, while in a boat). If someone would PM me with some numbers is would be greatly appreciated. By the way, all you comedians, I mean GPS numbers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom