Venice Sharks tooth, urgent read please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I only get an hour for lunch, but rarely take the 15 minute breaks most people get. So by combining lunch and breaks, I get time for a quick dive if I'm working in the area. I dive steel 72's and normally get anywhere from 95 to 105 minutes out of one. I'll dive half a tank one day, then the next time I get a chance, I'll use the other half. So from the time I park, until I'm driving away to my next call is usually 70 to 75 minutes. That includes gearing up (already have everything assembled), gearing down, rinsing equipment and a quick shower. Got it down to a science:D

Oh yeah, found the usual smattering of small teeth and one beat up 2 inch meg. I'll post a pic of the meg after I clean it up a bit.

Pretty impressive!

Oh yeah, found the usual smattering of small teeth and one beat up 2 inch meg. I'll post a pic of the meg after I clean it up a bit.

Here's a pic of the meg. Nice size, but a bit busted up.

Dove it today with my son. Read my report in "Get YOUR Feet Wet" forum....

Gonna do something else later this week, but I'll be ready to go back soon. keep me and scuba_steve posted...

diver solo,

i see that you are a senior member of spear board.

in this forum, do you feel it is wise as a senior member of the spear
and an experienced diver to share the wisdom of diving with half a steel tank full of air that may or may not last you, an experienced solo diver (diving 101..dive safe and dive with a partner), -75 minutes in between business calls ?

in the port charlotte instruction area, as that of casey key...i believe the rule is return to the beach or boat with +1000 pounds......and never dive a short fill !

i could be mistaken once again, but can you count on your hands...finger by finger...the inexperienced recreational divers who have died off venice beach chasing the big one and their dreams....
.....hunting sharks teeth
i do not believe that the diver who asked for your help seems to know his way around several obsticals
...those who are not aware must now be informed of the rip tide and eddy current off venice...
or the recreational boaters who run over divers and their flags...or run through the charter boats with deployed dive flags and individual diver flags deployed...
...also of the danger of bulls and hammerheads feeding in the area where i see you dive....

how to escape a rip tide.....or make it safely to shore if out of air.....

oh, walter has some sound advice. safety and the unknown...one rain drop does not make a flood...but alas....a careless diver can create his own death....

if you can't get walter, i'll vouch for safe diving.....

that's why i recommeded diving with an experienced and trained dive company when learning the gulf beach arena....Steve of the Hammer Head...or the operater of the submersion excursion....

life comes at you fast.......diver safety first !

I'll bite. How many divers have died off of Venice beach chasing the big megs as you put it? I have never heard of any

Sounds like a troll to me.

Is that the "behind the boat" kind of troll, or the hairy monster that lives under the bridge?

Actually, the rule of thumb is return with 500. Get your facts straight before you start preaching! How Diversolo dives (did you notice the SOLO in the name?) is his business. Just because he explains how he dives does not mean he is recommending it for everyone.

Oh, and Diversolo... A quarter is roughly 1" diameter, so that meg is about 3 1/2"! Nice find!

Is that the "behind the boat" kind of troll, or the hairy monster that lives under the bridge?

Actually, the rule of thumb is return with 500. Get your facts straight before you start preaching! How Diversolo dives (did you notice the SOLO in the name?) is his business. Just because he explains how he dives does not mean he is recommending it for everyone.

I couldn't have said it better, frogman:D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom