Venice Sharks tooth, urgent read please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver solo,

...also of the danger of bulls and hammerheads feeding in the area where i see you dive....

I know they are there but has anyone ever been attacked while diving? Sharks are everywhere but thankfully we aren't usually on the menu. If I thought it was a real danger I would be one of the people on the beach with the sand sifters.

Methinks that Brian is right!

I'm not even sure that the post above really belongs in this thread. I mean, it's obviously someone who does not know diversolo or has not been diving at Venice before, putting both major chastisings out of place for this thread.

Dang, now I'm scared to dive "The Treacherous Waters of Venice Beach".

Was that 100psi or 1000psi on the beach dive rule?:D

I guess that means that we need some of the Steel 1000 doubles that Capt Gary advertised he has in a thread (HERE).. of course he meant hundreds, and he corrected it but not before I quoted it :wink:

Ahhhhh.. Venice... 2.5 hours on my steel 72.. I hope I don't have an ESA... I might have to stand up. This also sounds like new DM/Inst. speil with a boat to try a changing professions.

Yes, I believe it looks like a new charter op trying to drum up business. $75 for tooth diving 1/2 to 1 mile from the beach or swim the 1/2 mile to the edge of the Bone Yard and 22' of water... or yak out to it. Florida West is $65... the rest isn't that big a deal, there's reefs off VB if you swim out and look around... they're coming back nicely with this drought we're having not washing the fertilizer into the water to setting off a crazy red tide!

Sooooooo.. hey Bonediver, wana join us for a few beach dives and get to know us first? We're pretty laid back folks.

I was wondering if it was the same guy who is talked about in another thread, the one about "is it safe to dive with someone whose grammar and spelling is off..." :rofl3:

I remember diving the treacherous seas of Venice a couple of months ago...geez, the 90 second swim out nearly exhausted me...:rofl3: I had an aluminum 80 and at 2 hours 30 minutes underwater, despite still having 1000 PSI remaining in my tank, I needed to come out of the water because...it was LUNCHTIME! :D Of course the 90 second swim back to shore worked up quite an appetite... :lotsalove:

diver solo,

...also of the danger of bulls and hammerheads feeding in the area where i see you dive....

I know they are there but has anyone ever been attacked while diving? Sharks are everywhere but thankfully we aren't usually on the menu. If I thought it was a real danger I would be one of the people on the beach with the sand sifters.

No, but I believe Walter showed a Bull who was in charge.

I was wondering if it was the same guy who is talked about in another thread, the one about "is it safe to dive with someone whose grammar and spelling is off..." :rofl3:

I remember diving the treacherous seas of Venice a couple of months ago...geez, the 90 second swim out nearly exhausted me...:rofl3: I had an aluminum 80 and at 2 hours 30 minutes underwater, despite still having 1000 PSI remaining in my tank, I needed to come out of the water because...it was LUNCHTIME! :D Of course the 90 second swim back to shore worked up quite an appetite... :lotsalove:

Maybe he's an air salesman. If I come out of the water with 1000 lbs in my LP85's, I still have over 40% of my air supply left.

Yepper, I kind of thought he might be trying to drum up business too but attacking someone like that is not the way to do it. I know I won't dive with them. I have been diving with diversolo on a couple of occaisions & he is a safe diver & all around good guy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom