Venice conditions December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice finds. What is the claw looking object in the top of the first picture. I found a similar one at the Turkey Fry and do not know what it is.

12/02
in 2:45
out 4:04
temp 71
vis 20+ , when I hit 20FSW I looked up and could see the flag quite easily, found 100 small ones and 3 sleeping seahorses happend to have my camera so I took a picture of one , tried not to spook em as ya know how bad the seahorse stampede could be

seahorse10.jpg

nice teeth..How long is the drive from Tampa to Venice? I was looking to go up there sometime soon.?

Nice finds. What is the claw looking object in the top of the first picture. I found a similar one at the Turkey Fry and do not know what it is.

That's the core of a sperm whale tooth
Here's a pic of a whole one

Attachments

• whale tooth.JPG
    whale tooth.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 32
I'm diving both saturday and sunday @ Venice. Weather is predicted to be near perfect "east winds 5-10 mph, seas 2 feet or less". The viz here at New Pass is 10+, so I'm expecting it to be at least that good in Venice.

12/08/2008
Vis 25+
Minumum temp 71
dive 1 in 11:16 out 12:40
dive 2 in 1:55pm out 3:03
The best vis so far this year, found a nice Meg and many small ones, not sure who we ran into underwater, but sure scared the heck out of some solo diver, he ascending way too quick and didnt see him for very long , he was not carying a flag but did have a large lobster type mesh bag , perhaps a claw trap poacher.

Got a quick dive in this morning
in at 8:03 out 9:51
temp 71
vis 20'+
seas flat

came home with

Attachments

• teeth12092007.JPG
    teeth12092007.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 38
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/