Worst cruise itinerary ever (cant dive any port)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Off topic question, how can you take 12 cruise in a year? That average to 1 per month. Say they average to 7 days, so one week out of 4.5, you are in cruise l. How?
I met a Canadian couple who said they had no permanent home and instead booked cruises almost full time. They said they spent just enough time in Canada to qualify for health insurance. They claimed their lifestyle was cheaper than renting or home ownership in places they might want to live.

I met a Canadian couple who said they had no permanent home and instead booked cruises almost full time. They said they spent just enough time in Canada to qualify for health insurance. They claimed their lifestyle was cheaper than renting or home ownership in places they might want to live.

This is correct. We will spend our winter hopping from one cruise ship to another. (And, diving lots of islands.) With some careful shopping, a cruise ship can be one of the least expensive ways to secure temporary housing in a warm place.

This is correct. We will spend our winter hopping from one cruise ship to another. (And, diving lots of islands.) With some careful shopping, a cruise ship can be one of the least expensive ways to secure temporary housing in a warm place.
It’s not for me, but I do think it’s clever.

I am a top tier cruiser on Royal & Celeberty. Seems they have issues with diving, liability, so most of the islands they go to now they do not offer diving. I an heading to ABC islands in November on Beyond and there is no dive opportunities. I am booking my own through dive operators I have used or heard about in the past. It is sad but a reality in todays market.

Careful, Dutch. The word from Nassau is that they let you off the boat just a little too late to join the scheduled dive trips. 🤬

Careful, Dutch. The word from Nassau is that they let you off the boat just a little too late to join the scheduled dive trips. 🤬

Not sure if it's intentional, but it was true for me. Just took a Royal Caribbean cruise out of NJ (Oasis of the Seas). The stop in Nassau arrived at 8a, which was about 30 minutes too late to take a taxi to Stuart Cove for their morning 2-tank dive. Unfortunately, we left at 5p which was about 1 hour too early for the afternoon 2-tank dive. Since Bahama Diver closed, there's no other dive op on the island. There is Shannen's Scuba Safari, but they're a private charter that wanted $2200 for the day (up to 6 divers).

Interesting. They cruise from the same port or do they fly occasionally?

Ya and Stuart Cove divers are not very flexible.
Yeah, I really like SC a lot, but because they do such a volume trade, there isn’t much room for flexibility. I find them to be pretty accommodating within their abilities once you are there though. :scubadiver:

It seems like some enterprising soul would set up an operation to cater specifically to the cruise ship crowd. They ought to be able to do a service to that niche group and rake in the dough as well! Maybe in my next life. 🤔
🐸

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom