Venice Beach-Sat. 3/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It has sand......
I would say the sand stretches about 100yds down to the water, depending on tide. If it is sunny, then sunbathe, they could paddle, build sand castles, walk along it, play frisbee, sit and read on it. They also can dig around in the sand for teeth.

I was thinking of 8.30 as that would set up for a 2nd dive possibly. Depends on your rigging up time as well, i am looking at 10 mins from car to water, then about 15mins wading out to the area. However if there are 3 of us, not sure quite how it might work if the viz is bad.... I have 1 buddy line that i was going to bring with me, not sure if we might need another though. Think about it some more tomorrow.

I am going to check the water tommorow morning after work. As for the beaches in Venice, the last four days I have been out there, people are finding more sharks teeth on the beach than in the water. At least I didn't find any, and a couple other divers I saw said that is was slim pickings as well. As for the sewage spill, I have had NO problems in that regard. The actual spill was in the intercoastal, a good ways from the beaches, as a matter of fact I had been diving before I even knew about the spill, and the only reason I knew about it at all was reading it here. So I don't see any sort of mutations in anyones futures if they choose to dive.

I'm still going to be there between 9 and 9:30 I like the sun to have a chance to get up brfore I dive. There should be 5 whith me 4 diver and my wife and grand daughter to watch bubbles.
I'll find the teeth. The big ones.
If you guys get there before me do your thing I'll see you some time. I'll be down for a while. I'll be carrying about 200 cu. ft. of air. Well I got to go back and finish sewing my custom pouches.
Check with you guys tomorrow nite.
Fred

8:30 is good for me. What about you, SmokeAire? SmokeAire? SMOKEAIRE!

Darn it all, where the heck did he get off to?! Always dissappearing into a cavern somewhere.

Oh yea, then there is fgray. Post back guys, lets get a time kinda sorta nailed down.

OK, so fgray posted while I was hunting & pecking. One down & one to go.

I see the light!
Ayup, will be there at 8:30 with Jerry, a member of our scuba club. This will be his first beach dive so be kind to him. ;-)
I still need to get a dive flag to fit my float, just don't want to have to buy a whole setup if I don't need to.
Sounds like "hunting and pecking" is what we will be doing tomorrow. As long as I'm in da H2o (and warm) I'm happy.
Now back to the dark.

I'll be there around 9 am.
We are meeting at Alhambra right.
See you there. If you guys get in before me don't worry I know where the teeth are.
Fred

So it appears 5 of us to start with and then Fred on two buddy pairs and a million tanks a little later - Fred, you can always just come on out when you get there, you have two buddy pairs by the sounds of it. Ok, looking like 8.30 for the early risers and 9 for the daylight-required risers (strange for a caver!!). I think SmokeAire+Jerry and myself will see the sun around the time we hit Tampa, or at least not at 6.30 when i leave my house for sure!

And yes Alhambra, i think the directions are above, although i think most have already been there at least once.

fgray1:
I'll be carrying about 200 cu. ft. of air.

200 cu ft??? Looks like we'll see you on Sunday too! :D

That was the plan, morning and night dives tomorrow and then on sunday wrinkly skin!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom