Venice Beach-Sat. 3/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So are we all still on for saturday??? I guess a final call could be made just before the weekend. DV could you pop on down to the beach on thursday/friday and report on what conditions look like?

Sure I can go down later in the week and take a look. Will let you all know what it looks like. :wink:

Was hoping to go on Saturday, but my Power Inflator seems to have other plans. Hopefully I can join up with everyone on the next trip. I will check the water on Friday afternoon and can check again saturday morning if that would be helpful.

Friday afternoon would probably be a big help. Power inflator? If you wanted to use it, I've got a BC I could bring with me. With all of the checking on conditions you've been doing for us, that would be the least I could do.

i have a Dacor Sportster that you are welcome to use. not weight integrated.

Ditto the spare BC's, I have two just hanging about, a large and a medium. Both are non-Wintergrated.

Now you have to come up with another excuse. ;-)

Hey everybody - unfortunately due to work obligations, I'm going to have to move myself over to the Sunday thread.

the forecast at Venice for this Saturday is cloudy, but no rain.

the winds are a bit high, but out of the East:

Tonight

East winds around 20 knots and gusty. Seas 3 to 5 feet near shore and 4 to 6 feet well offshore. Bay and inland waters choppy.

Thursday Through Saturday
East winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Bay and inland waters choppy.

Sunday And Monday

Northeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop.

------------------------------------------------
(a) anyone has any thougths on what to expect under
these conditions?

i would imagine the vis is directly proportional to the wind
direction and speed and how much surf it kicks up.

(b) any word on that sewage spill?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom