Venice Beach-Sat. 3/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't seen anything at all this week about the sewage spill. DivingVenice is still with us, so perhaps we can consider that one past :D.

With the seas 3-5' vis will probably be shot. We've been having a lot of wind here all week, and I can't see that being condusive to good vis (pun intended).

hmmm.... thought so...

As before, we always have the back up plan with DSW and the manatee diveyaking. If it all looks shot at 8.30-9.30, we can opt to dive or drive up to crystal river - i have Gibbon's cell, so we should be able to touch base with he and DSW before their trip. Sound like a good plan B?? We can go manatee herding on the yaks!! I guess the other option is wait on DV's report on friday and see if the seas look ok - ie not too much surf coming in and work it out from there. I wont have internet access after work on friday (5pm), so i will have to trust is there someone i can call who would be checking and be able to let me know the report/outcome, H2Andy, you seem to be keen on doing this dive or skipping it for CR if the viz is shot like i am also planning, not sure about others though.

With the winds coming out of the east all week the wave height close to shore will be nill. Now for the east coast that will be a washout.
The only question will be the vis. I'm still going to give it a shot. I ckecked the wave hieght map and it looks good.
Fred

alas, my Rescue class members outvoted me 4-1 and we
are going to do the pool sessions this weekend.

i'm not going to be able to make it out of town at all.

sorry guys.

DivingVenice said he would get out there late in the week to do a check for us...

Greedy traitor! Gonna miss diving with you. See your signature line, LOL.

If everything goes per plan, I'm spending the night in Bonita Springs on Friday, and driving up Saturday morning. My wife, son, & sister might come up with me to hang on the beach while I dive. I'm assuming the beach at Venice is good for that?

Lets hope DivingVenice isnt telling us about the new appendage growing from his mid back or that funny smell thats eminating from him when he gets excited... or the strange cravings to hide in dark closets and mumble things like "my precious..."

So, its still on for a few people (Myself, Scubafool, Frgay1+family, SmokeAire) any others? Also after the early morning dive(s) 8.30-9.30 start depending on the person, is anyone up for getting up to Crystal River for some diveyaking in the afternoon with DSW and Gibbon?

BTW, just so i dont bust a gut getting there early to sit around, is anyone actually planning on getting there prior to 9.30?? I know Fred is definately a 9.30 kind of guy, but seeing as our numbers are dwindling somewhat from the earlier thread, i was wondering if Scubafool or SmokeAire were getting in early or at 9.30?

I can be there just about anytime, as I'll be coming from Bonita. My buddy Cathryn swears she's gonna show up too. So pick a time & I'll show up then.How's Venice for "ordinary" beach activity? I've got three non-divers coming with me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom