Vehicle Safety While Shore Diving Baja

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shopguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm planning on driving down Baja and doing shore diving as many places as I can, including Punta Arena. There is very little information about shore diving this area online, but based on the vast amount of information from "van lifers" online, it seems like leaving a vehicle unattended for an hour of diving might be risky. Beyond the obvious like taking your cash and cards with you underwater, and leaving other valuables in your room, any other thoughts or advice on this? Any good or bad areas to check out or avoid?

I'm generally not biased against Mexico, I've had only good experiences there, from Cozumel, Mexico City, Alamos, San Carlos, Mexicali, San Felipe -- but this will be my first time south of San Felipe in Baja. I've also only done shore diving in San Carlos, so limited experience leaving my car alone while diving. I've actually had more car theft on the US side of Mexico border than the Mexico side (Tucson, Calexico, Imperial Valley, Phoenix, El Paso).

, it seems like leaving a vehicle unattended for an hour of diving might be risky. Beyond the obvious like taking your cash and cards with you underwater,
Dryfob to take your keys with you too if you have an electronic key fob.

Do you mean they steal the car or break in?

Bonaire folks told us to leave the windows down and doors unlocked for the rental and we’d take everything with us but a towel and hat.

I’ve heard diving is great in Baja but never been. Hope you make a report

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom