Vacation - Cozumel Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SamMan

Reaction score
Hello,

My wife and i have decided to take a vacation to Cozumel. We are just about to get our open water cert and are trying to decide on a vacation package. We would like to stay at a resort where we can rent jet skis and is easily accessible to dive areas we might like to try. Any ideas on resort accomodations?

I appreciate any advice offered.

thanks in advance,
Shawn

SamMan:
Hello,

My wife and i have decided to take a vacation to Cozumel. We are just about to get our open water cert and are trying to decide on a vacation package. We would like to stay at a resort where we can rent jet skis and is easily accessible to dive areas we might like to try. Any ideas on resort accomodations?

thanks in advance,
Shawn
SamMan (Shawn),

Welcome to ScubaBoard. If you're looking for advise on a Coz vacation, you came to the right place! I did a Coz trip this year for the first time and it was great - and I got all my help right here on ScubaBoard (check out my report linked below).

In fact, we have a forum just for people like you, that is totally dedicated to diving and vacationing in Coz. I will move your thread there so you can get some good information.

Enjoy the board - and your trip to Coz!

Rick

I know Presidente has jet skis as I have rented them. I dont know any others for sure. They have a decent Dive Op for you since you are newbies.....Scuba Du. Enjoy yourself.

What's your budget? Presidente is great but kind of upscale.

all depends what you are wanting in your vacation... and what you are willing to pay

SamMan:
Hello,

thanks in advance,
Shawn

IMO go with a resort that is "all inclusive" unless you want to eat the local food YUK! If you go to www.orbitz.com they have nice packages with hotel descriptions. I will be going back in August and staying at the Presidente..

goofystan:
IMO go with a resort that is "all inclusive" unless you want to eat the local food YUK! If you go to www.orbitz.com they have nice packages with hotel descriptions. I will be going back in August and staying at the Presidente..

"local food YUK"???? Cozumel has some GREAT resturants! I would NEVER stay at an AI in Cozumel!!

jeancmo:
"local food YUK"???? Cozumel has some GREAT resturants! I would NEVER stay at an AI in Cozumel!!

To each their own.....Everyone has their own tastes. I have had some bad experiences with their Local Food.... IMO Cozumel is nice to dive but would never go there for any other reason. To be honest and again in my opinion Cozumel is trashy outside of the beach areas. Depends on what one is used to...

goofystan:
To each their own.....Everyone has their own tastes. I have had some bad experiences with their Local Food.... IMO Cozumel is nice to dive but would never go there for any other reason. To be honest and again in my opinion Cozumel is trashy outside of the beach areas. Depends on what one is used to...

Out of curiosity, when was the last time you were here?

What restaurants have you tried?

Mesa 17, Guido's, La Cocay (when it reopens), La Veranda, Especias among others
are actually some of the best restaurants I've eaten at in my life including travels all over the US, Europe, and Latin America...and I consider myself a food snob (ie: Olive Garden (worst ever IMO), TGIF's, Macaroni Grill and chain restaurants in general are not my idea of good restaurants...ok, but not great).

You are correct, to each is own, I'm just curious as to whether you've actually tried some of the finer restaurants in Cozumel. If not, I encourage you to try them while you are here.

By the way, the Presidente is not all-inclusive and the onsite restuarant(s) are pricey.

Christi:
Out of curiosity, when was the last time you were here?

What restaurants have you tried?

Mesa 17, Guido's, La Cocay (when it reopens), La Veranda, Especias among others
are actually some of the best restaurants I've eaten at in my life including travels all over the US, Europe, and Latin America...and I consider myself a food snob (ie: Olive Garden (worst ever IMO), TGIF's, Macaroni Grill and chain restaurants in general are not my idea of good restaurants...ok, but not great).

You are correct, to each is own, I'm just curious as to whether you've actually tried some of the finer restaurants in Cozumel. If not, I encourage you to try them while you are here.

By the way, the Presidente is not all-inclusive and the onsite restuarant(s) are pricey.
Thanks for the advice I will have to do that. When someone says local cuisine I was thinking of the MA' and PA shacks that I was told had excellent food and it was very bad.... I have been to Guido's and La Veranda...very good...The onsite restuarants at the Presidente may be pricey however the food was excellent there as well. It was all inclusive for me as I had tour vouchers that included three meals daily at the restuarants.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom