VA DIR Fundamentals Class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Who all up here is thinking about taking a DIRF next spring/summer? If we can get enough people we can start talking to GUE and see if we can have the class up here instead of people traveling to the class.

I know a couple people have mentioned it, so I thought i would throw it out there...

We have also been talking about trying to get a GUE Tech 1 class up here too...anyone interested in that?

I can't really look that far ahead. If I were to guess I'd say I prolly won't be in the area then.

If I were I probably would be intersted.

I might be interested in the Tech 1 class. What instructor are you planning to have teach the course?

Stacey

Stacey,
We have 3-4 of us up here that would love to do a tech 1 up this way. I am going to talk to the Nova Tech folks and see who else might be interested. Anyone know the minimum number for them to come up here without the class costing $1k each?

I talked to Kane about Tech 1 here when he and Andrew came up to do the DIRF course for us (Nova Tech). We were thinking of Mt. Storm in Jan-Feb.

However, after thinking about it I realized that it would be a major pain in the butt trying to mix and fill all the tanks every night with a portable compressor. You are talking 6 divers (max for the class) and two instructors = 8 sets of doubles. That's a lot of mixing and filling. Better to be somewhere where someone can do it for you for the class. You will be tired enough just diving!

Dave D

I'm interested in the Fundies class- assuming I can get a lot of practice in beforehand!

Pactice before hand is nice but not necessary. You are going there to learn. I've been diving 40 years (since '62) and I and my classmates who had been divng from 3-25years, all trimix cert, some cave cert, one taught by JJ, all felt like newbies. Go take it, adopt it and practice what you learn.

Dave D

If we can get JJ to come, I would be interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom