Uwatec Smart Com or Suunto Cobra ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wraif

New
Reaction score
Hi all,
I currently own a Uwatec Aladin Pro Nitrox. I have had it since 98
and it has worked flawlessly.
I want to upgrade to an Air Integrated computer and have
narrowed my selection down to two:

Uwatec Smart Com

Suunto Cobra

:question: Please tell me how you feel about each so I can make an informed choice.

Thanks

They are both excellant computers. The software for the Smart Com is very nice also. If you flipped a coin you couldn't go wrong either way, but I would get the Uwatec because I like Uwatec.

Phil

Go to each of their websites and download a demo of each and see which one you like the best.Both are great computers.Smartcom has the better software for downloading and keeping track of your dives by far but both are excellent computers.

jamiei once bubbled...
just wondered if anyone has tried or knows if you can download information from say a suunto to another manufacturers software program?

I believe they all use propriatary formats. There are some logging programs, WLog comes to mind, that will download different computers though.

Phil

Absolute best prices on Suunto gear in my experince is from my instructor at Blue H2O Sports In New westminister BC. His name is Ota Halley and the website is;

http://bluewater-sports.com

Dont think his prices are listed but best around and Canadian $$ which means you Yankee's ( yup even someone from GA is a Yankee to us hehehe) dinero is worth a bundle.

Snail address

208-720 6th st
New Westminister BC
V3L3C5
Ph 604-230-1082

Great deals on Apeks regs and parts too

Ota is Czech and a great guy with a wonderful sence of humor I trust him implicitly hell I did my OW with him I guess you could say I trusted him with my life...of course he would say more than that I trusted him with my wife heheh great people Ota and Cheryl

You probably cant go wrong with either piece of gear but hell when I look at my console it says Sunnto so it must be the best right
:mean:

I like the dive manager software too. We (the Mrs. and I) have the Cobra and Misquito (for backup), both of which you can DL all info, and veiw a window of all displays at you toggle thru the dive profile at up to 20 sec. intervals. Pretty conservative computer though.

tony

Back
Top Bottom