Uwatec Computer Battery Replacement Scam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel everyone's pain with this issue and sympathize fully. Some of the posts above sends chills down my spine.
As divers, I think we should not patronize manufacturers who make a simple battery replacement such a chore.
You do realize we are talking about a 20 year old (and older) device. I claim it is pretty impressive that the computer is still functional.

Has anyone tried to get a 20 year old cell phone or TV serviced lately?

Yes I do realize what I am saying. Manufacturers still make computers that users have to send it for battery replacement.

Yes I do realize what I am saying. Manufacturers still make computers that users have to send it for battery replacement.
Interesting. Which current models do not have user replaceable batteries? Or at least "long life" batteries?

By "long life" I am thinking about the old uwatecs that were good for 3 to 5 years on a battery or a more modern computer with a rechargeable pack that will not need replacing until 3 to 5 years of use.

Unfortunately todays norm in electronics seems to be a 1 to 3 year life span for most consumer electronics. Then your gadget is obsolete (or broken). It is often cheaper to buy a new model instead of trying (if possible) to repair your old brick.

Back
Top Bottom