Uwatec Computer Battery Replacement Scam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Replacing the battery from any Aladin whether it is 'dried" or submerged in oil is piece of cake. How to restart it is a completely different story.
I would had never able to do it without the incredible works of some genius on SB or You tube. NO, not any moron would be able to crack it.
Done it several times. And mostly as a single malt moron. Worst case was as an ice cube Bourbon moron.

It is easy to do right. It is just as easy to do wrong...I did it right. Then I did it wrong. Wrong is very bad..

Cheers...

Done it several times. And mostly as a single malt moron. Worst case was as an ice cube Bourbon moron.

It is easy to do right. It is just as easy to do wrong...I did it right. Then I did it wrong. Wrong is very bad..

Cheers...
My record on successfully changing the battery on Aladin Pro Nitrox or similar is under 25mins. But usually it takes a bit longer. The worst case was couple of hrs and still couldn't get the computer to start. So I left it overnight and tried it again on the following day. No problem!
My stars must be aligned properly.

One question: if the battery died and the Aladin Pro (super old one from 1998) are the recorded dive log are gone ? Or are they stored in semi volatile memory ?

One question: if the battery died and the Aladin Pro (super old one from 1998) are the recorded dive log are gone ? Or are they stored in semi volatile memory ?
I had only successfully changed battery on those Aladin with oil filled chamber.
After waking up the computer I only checked the "dive plan" to make sure that the ndl on each depth, 3m increment, hasn't been altered. If it is a nitrox model then I would select a few mixes to verify the ndl. Never ever bothered with the log book.

I feel everyone's pain with this issue and sympathize fully. Some of the posts above sends chills down my spine.
As divers, I think we should not patronize manufacturers who make a simple battery replacement such a chore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom