USS Oriskany Diving Rules.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tedwhiteva:
Alternate air source - does that mean pony, or Octo?

Traditionally Alternate Air Source = Octo.... there's a few old sea-hunt die-hards still running around w/ (original) double hose regs & j-valves trying to squeeze every ounce of use out of their rig....

@ 130', if you are not solid w/ your air consumption - a pony might not be a bad idea.

I don't like the bit about 'tech' dives being special and additional cost. In reality - the bulk of the 8-10 hour trip is travel time. If I'm going to spend ~$150 & the day getting to and fro - I damn well am going to take my time on the wreck - not just pop down for 10-15 mins and back up. The bulk of the wreck is under 130', and technically - all dives are decompression dives. If I keep my RT to 60 mins, they should be more than happy.

newspaper article says 212'.....

Matteo:
anybody know how many mooring balls they're going to place on the wreck?
Now THAT'S a good question.

Per paragraph 7 - does that mean you don't need a mask, regulator, BC, mask and fins? I'm confused.

"Traditionally Alternate Air Source = Octo.... there's a few old sea-hunt die-hards still running around w/ (original) double hose regs & j-valves trying to squeeze every ounce of use out of their rig...."

I will put my equipment and my skills up against yours--no sweat--and mine is probably more valuable and proven and reliable than yours and you don't know what your talking about.

As to the Oriskany, it should be the worlds greatest wreck dive or certainly among the very best. I was as close as allowed and my wide angle lens was flled from edge to edge--she is enormous. It will likely be a challenging dive for many. I also understand there will be NO mooring balls allowed. That is what I was told by people who supposedly should know. Maybe it has changed, mooring balls would be nice and enough to support the expected numbers of boats too. N

Technical ? ? ?

Does that mean that if I clip a primary reel to my B/P, or if I show up wearing doubles I'm going to be charged more?

the K

H2Andy:
clean the wound, wrap it tight, and let them learn their lesson well while the
others dive

:14:

All bleeding stops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom