Used cylinder fair price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juank

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Wondering how much is a fair price for an used cylinder. Also, how old is not to old to by one used. May be 10 yrs old? :confused:

So much depends.

Steel last longer than Aluminum.
But are they in Hydro. Do they have current vis. Do they still have air in them?
Which cylinder ?- what valve?

Some old aluminum tanks were made from a bad alloy some some shops don't like to mess with any old aluminum tanks because they don't know which are which.

^ What he said. Tank material, valve type, within hydro, size, 6351 vs 6061 aluminum alloy. Need more information.

How about a price range for steel hp100 & hp120's (within hydro) - been looking on craigslist and here and want an idea of a fair price before checking with the missus. the only way i'd consider LP steel tanks is if somebody knows who would overfill them down in s florida (driving to cave country for a 3000+ psi fill is too expensive)
i've seen prices ranging from $225 for a hp100 in hydro/vip to $250 -- are they reasonable? the 225 are fabers and the 250 is pressed steel

"Valves are Thermo - DIN Valves" per the listing-- that looks like a convertible din/k to me though

3Ga3Md3N15ra5H35tbd6i3732517164ac1073.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom