US Divers Conshelf SE2 Scuba Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone have any information on this regulator? Is it reliable , when were they made, etc..

It is a very good regulator and if you opened it up you would find that internally there is not all that much difference between it and the new Titan and many of the 1st stage internal parts fit all the Conshelf regulators dating back to the late 60's. The same parts are also used in the Royal Aquamaster double hose regulator.

In other words, the mechanism is well proven out.

I have had a SE2 since the early 90's and it still makes many dives as either a primary or on a stage bottle to depths of 200+ feet.

It being on the Navy ANU list of approved regulators should tell you something.

SE-2
PN 1074-00
NO LONGER MANUFACTURED BUT
AUTHORIZED FOR CONTINUED USE. WILL
CONTINUE TO BE SUPPORTED BY THE
MANUFACTURER.
AUTHORIZED TO 190 FSW AND 38 DEGREES
FAHRENHEIT WATER AND WARMER.
RECOMMENDED USE OF LOW
TEMPERATURE CONVERSION KIT (PN 1076-
95) FOR DIVING IN WATER BETWEEN 38-48
DEGREES.
Updated on: 11/10/2010 9:54:00 AM

I have been diving one I bought new in 1987 and other than a new mouthpiece and the replacement of a seat during a factory recall it has never been rebuilt and it is still going strong and looks and breathes like new. I inspect it regularly but it still has never needed anything replaced. It hold a steady IP with no creep it is a rock solid performer. I believe mine has the larger 1/2" ports on it if I remember correctly. As you can tell I don't follow the "overhaul it every year" philosophy.

I have one that I'm thinking of selling if anyone is interested. It includes a USD Conshelf SE2 first and second stage and a USD Octopus. It was my daughter's rig, but she no longer dives. I last had it serviced two years ago; she dove it once after that and it has sat in my closet since. I put it on a tank last night and it breathes great. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll send pics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom