Unauthorized Sellers of Scubapro, Apeks and NO WARRANTY for you baby!

Is it better to buy from leisurepro.com or your LDS?

• Is it better to buy from diveinn or your LDS?

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Would your LDS think less of you if you bought from these unauthorized vendors?

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Is diveinn.com really a craphole with non-divers running it?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Is leisurepro.com really a craphole with non-divers running it?

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... do a search on the board. I think for the most part you'll be fine. If a particular LDS won't service your regs, go elsewhere. At worst, LP will service the equipment for you.

As for upgrades, I haven't heard of any. But I'm not as seasoned as others on the board. Wouldn't mind hearing if anyone has heard of upgrades to equipment.

I took my Apeks TX-50 for service last week. They never asked about warranty or where I bought it (DiveInn). Cost was $40 plus parts. Parts were $4.95. If I had a warranty I would have saved that $4.95. By buying at DiveInn I saved hundreds. It'll take a lot of overhauls before I'm the loser in this situation.

Free upgrades? You're kidding, right?

Tom

Glad to hear you had good luck with it.

I think by free upgrades, they meant free replacement when they discover faulty parts....

Here are the facts.

DiveInn is an authorized seller for their products, as apparently the rules are different in Europe.

If you bought your regulator from DiveInn, they either will perform warranty repairs free or send them to the dealer for free repairs. They will *pay for the shipping* to their store. They will even perform yearly maintenance on them for a charge, just like the LDS. My local Scubapro dealer will charge me for yearly maintenance too.

If you bought your regulator from Leisurepro, they too will perform warrwanty repairs free. They too will perform yearly maintenance.

I would have spent over $500 for my current reg and backup at my locak Apeks dealer. I paid $210. Even if the LDS gave me free yearly maintenance, which they don't, that would still be over 6 years worth of maintenance before I broke even.

I think jonscubas needs to stop spreading lies.

That's a good point - even if you don't get the warranty, the savings you have can certainly buy a lot of servicing in the unlikely event things do go wrong.

But hey...it's a personal choice in the first place as far as where you want to buy one from.

BTW, I still don't understand the poll options. Does anyone else? :)

jonnythan once bubbled...
BTW, I still don't understand the poll options. Does anyone else? :)

Nope, but I'm still giggling about the subject line. Can't you just picture Austin Powers saying "NO WARRANTY for you baby! Yeah, baby, yeah!"
:jester:

Just to add a litte more to the no warranty/savings issue, read the warranty you get with a "legal" piece of gear. After a year or so those "lifetime" warrantys only covers parts, not labor and if you miss the due date for your yearly inspection, that ends the parts warranty as well. In other words, the warranty mostly covers rebuild parts which only cost $20-40 depending on the reg. Retail prices I might add, the actual cost is a lot less. The main parts are not likely to wear out and hoses are not covered to start with. You still have to pay the major part of a anual service or repair reguardless of where you bought the reg. I doubt that a shop who does their own repairs will turn away repair work just because it's "not under warranty", shoot, that's the most profitable kind of work. I prefer to buy at my LDS and do most of the time but the warranty issue is way overblown. I buy from my LDS for the good will and support it gets me. They drop the customer service or are way over priced, I go online.

Take it back son! I got your answers for you, or do I have to post up all our private messages too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom