Unauthorized Sellers of Scubapro, Apeks and NO WARRANTY for you baby!

Is it better to buy from leisurepro.com or your LDS?

• Is it better to buy from diveinn or your LDS?

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Would your LDS think less of you if you bought from these unauthorized vendors?

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Is diveinn.com really a craphole with non-divers running it?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Is leisurepro.com really a craphole with non-divers running it?

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonscubas

Contributor
Reaction score
I paid full price for my SCUBA Pro MK25/S600 reg. But I see them on leisurepro.com and diveinn.com for an even better price, sometimes as much as $200 difference. I hear from all, and I do mean all of the local LDS' that it's not good to buy from these guys because they are not authorized to sell them, and by doing so you void they support and warranty for free parts or help, not to mention that you are really going to piss off your LDS PERIOD! Well, that sucks!

Damn, they are great prices and I would be able to afford more gear, especially different types of fins, computer and regulators, but this warranty issue has me real bugged.

If you do end up buying them from the unauthorized guys, you end up spending an arm and a leg just to get regular maintenance work done, especially if they need to have parts changed. According to SCUBA Pro, you won't be eligible for free upgrades if they ever offer them for your gear because you bought it from some that wasn't authorized to sell it in the first place.

What are any of your experiences with this stuff? ****, I would be happy just to buy a pair of fins from leisurepro.com great price almost $50 difference for the fins I've been wanting, how often do fins take a **** anyway? Something as simple as that sounds reasonable.

Let's hear it now?

BUGGINN!

Uh, what's your question again?

This is less of a thread and more of a knot so far....

So if as you say they are unauthorized to sell the hardware as you say, then were do they get their stock ?
Does it fall off the back of a truck ?

Chris

I know of one way that LeisurePro and other unauthorized dealers gets their stock.

Big Dive Company has a massively popular regulator. They don't have production capabilities to meet demand. So, they outsource manufacturing to Dive Company X while maintaining strict quality standards.

Dive Company X is now pumping out regs left and right, and one day, uh-oh, Big Dive Company says they are failing inspection. Big Dive Company drops Dive Company X, and now all of a sudden Dive Company X has a bunch of regs with Big Dive Company's logo all over it that they can't sell.

All of a sudden, LeisurePro has a bunch of Big Dive Company's regs in stock.

It's not always like that....but it does happen.

Look on ScubaPro's website, or even better call them. They will not help you period! If you bought from someone that is not authorized to sell their stuff, wallah!

DiveInn is an authorised Scubapro dealer.

The rules are different in Europe.

..maybe you should consider re-phrasing?

I see no reason to avoid refrain from buying fins, masks, wetsuits etc. (in other words, items without parts that require yearly service) from LeisurePro. Savings can be significant.

No, most companies will not honor the warranty on equipment bought from an unauthorized dealer like LeisurePro. You can always pay for parts when you get your annual service done. You will end up paying for labor anyway and the parts don't cost all that much.

I recently bought a BC from an LDS despite the fact that I could have saved significant money buying the same item at LeisurePro. In this case I considered the goodwill of the shop I am training with to be worth paying the MSRP for my gear.

Do the guys at LeisurePro dive? I couldn't tell you for sure one way or another. I have never been able to draw one of them into a conversation about diving. The closest thing to scuba knowledge I've ever seen from one of the staff members was the time that one of them showed that he was aware that you shouldn't hook an 02 clean regulator up to a tank of regular air. I suspect that they are merely merchants who found themselves a profitable niche.

That won't stop me from buying my next wetsuit from them. What can I say? I'm a cheapskate and they are cheap.

No Leisure Pro does not have factory warranties on some things they sell, but they will give their own warranty and they will service the equip. they sell. Several online sources are authorized dealers and service centers and are far far cheaper than LDS's. I don't mind spending my $$ locally as long as shops don't get outrageous. Afterall, they provide us w/ the key thing for diving..........air. I am not going to plug online sources, but check some out and you can find real good deals w/ warrenties/service.......................Pike

In my opinion this topic has already been beaten to a pulp more than once, just do a search for lds, leisure pro or diveinn and you'll get all this and more.

Nuff said...

Sorry, long night. No offence to anyone...

Back
Top Bottom