Ultimate Dive Truck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The shower is incredible: especially after a sandy dive site so you can rinse your feet and any sand on wetsuit between dives .

I love this idea and I’m going to reach out to you to hopefully rent... that being said..,. I have to call this out as it a pet hate of mine :) I refuse to believe the shower is ‘incredible’ I’m going to hedge my bets that the shower is exactly what you would expect it to be from a static water well welded to the side of a truck....and anyone who found that to be ‘ incredible’ would either have to be:

A) someone who had never seen water before.
B) see ‘A’ above

So I look forward to seeing your completely oversold absolutely completely ‘end of Indiana Jones and the raiders of the lost ark’ face
Melting, ‘if we say it hard enough it will make it true’ . ‘African famine solving’ most amazing shower in the history of humanity......truck that’s a bit expensive bit a pretty good idea :)

One of the things I learned from diving with Bas is the value of some water in the truck to rinse off with after the dive. Warm water in a cheap bottle works well for the average beater truck, I carry some refillable, collapsible bottles with me now just for this purpose. I think they were 3 for $10 on Amazon, and if they get stolen on their 4th trip to the island I'll live. Having that water to rinse the face off with, rinse out my BOV, and if there is enough left take a quickie dump shower means the ride back to the resort is a little more enjoyable. Don't discount the post dive rinse, especially when you're coming back from Red Slave and there's a cruise ship in town and you're going back to Buddy or Sand Dollar!

The truck doesn't look 'rebreather friendly' though. Maybe we'll come up with a tech version :wink:

I typically bring a portable solar shower (similar to the link below )and toss it in the back of the truck. So far it hasn't been stolen and it's only like $15 if it is...

https://www.amazon.com/KIPIDA-Remov...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SGAWQR0H0C6RF5JHBCVD

It's definitely nice to rinse off, especially if you stop to eat before heading back to where you are staying. I also like to use it to rinse my camera.

Bas has a great system with his water bottles. I just don't have empties and a crate like that otherwise i would copy it. I do like the little shower nozzle to give a nice spray though.

At the end of the day, the OP has had the interest, courage, and finances to try this experiment. Kudos to you. Rather than just bashing, why don't we just see what happens. If the concept is a good idea, it will be successful.

We put our used 2 liter water bottles filled with tap in the bed. They warm fast. feels great after a dive getting the salt and sand off. We carry 5 or 6 of them. great to wash feet off before the go in truck. Keeps the sand down.

Looks like an expensive solution to a non existent problem that screams "break into me".

As with all trucks on Bonaire....we recommend NOT locking the truck.
Everyone knows that a locked truck screams "break into me"

The locking compartments are very reinforced and highly durable. The petty crimes we have on Bonaire are mostly limited to crimes of opportunity at dive sites....meaning: that they require very little time and no specialized tools. For example: breaking a window. This is why it is not recommended NOT to lock doors by all rental car and truck companies.

However, you would need well more than a screwdriver and other specialized tools (and most importantly.... TIME to break into the lock boxes on these trucks). We are very confident that we have a secure solution for the time a person would be on a dive so that their cell phone and wallets are safe.

Thanks so much for your feedback,

The crimes being limited to smashing windows is reassuring. I was thinking about bringing my reinforced pelican case with heavy chain and secure it to the steering wheel so it can hold videolight batteries....

Means I can leave the windows open and if it gets stolen....just look out for the guys carrying industrial size bolt cutters :)

Hey, if your business finds a niche, I am all for it. Like anything that is new, I am always skeptical and I would hate to see it fail. Make it less conspicuous and dirty the trucks up a bit and don't repair the small dings and dents.

Hey, if your business finds a niche, I am all for it. Like anything that is new, I am always skeptical and I would hate to see it fail. Make it less conspicuous and dirty the trucks up a bit and don't repair the small dings and dents.

First of all....Go Rockies! (we are also from Colorado if you read the entire thread)
:)

Thanks for the skeptical vote of confidence and for not wanting to see us fail.....we do not want to fail either. ha ha ha....many sleepless nights went into this patent pending utility truck bed design. (well, at least for my husband, LOL)

However, we are also realists and laughingly told ourselves going into this, "the worst thing that can happen is that we end up with a really fantastic dive truck for our Private Clients/Students.
Because we also own/operate The ScubaDuo, a private dive guide/PADI courses business: www.TheScubaDuo.com We can also be found on social media: The ScubaDuo (Instagram, Facebook...lots of videography)

However, in just the past week, we have been approached by 2 well respected dive operations on the island in response to our truck. They want to be network partners for air/nitrox packages for our rental clients. You will likely see air packages in the near future from an exclusive local partner available on our website as part of the booking process. The positive feedback from highly respected local dive operators is very encouraging.

To be continued.....

Back
Top Bottom