Ultimate Dive Truck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We recently moved to Bonaire from Colorado, USA.
And, since Bonaire is the shore diving capital. After diving out of the back of a Hilux for a week, we couldn't help but decide that there had to be a better way....and The Ultimate Dive Truck was invented (patent pending).

Needless to say, we like order, quality and efficiency when it comes to our diving experience. You can see this final prototype at Ultimate Dive Trucks on Facebook. This will be a luxury rental vehicle for divers that want a truly Ultimate Shore Diving Experience. www.UltimateDiveTrucks.com

Reservations begin July 7th, 2019.

Truck Features:
F150
12 Upright Tank Storage
2 Ultra Secure Locking Compartments (wallets, camera's etc)
On board shower with pump
On board cooler for food/beverages
A/C & Automatic Transmission
4 Separate dive set up stations around exterior perimeter of the truck bed using roll control tank holders.
up to 4 bins provided for dive gear storage in truck bed

Eventually, we will have a fleet and it is our sincere hope to provide a great contribution to the dive industry.
2019-06-10.jpg
2019-06-09 (3).jpg

I would suggest the ultimate test: attending DEMA running it up a flag pole and see if any one salutes it

Appears to be a soliton to a problem that does not need a universal answer. Each geographical area of recreational diving has their unique requirements for diving activity.

I was fortunate to have began my career into the UW world a number of years before JYC graced us with the bubble machine and I have a number of dedicated diving vehicles, each serving unique requirements.
1950 & 1960s a 4X4 WW11 surplus Doge ambulance
1960 -1970 WV van
1965-1980 VW Baja Bug
1980-2010 Toyota 4x4 pulling custom Off road travel trailer
2010 to present - Toyota 4x4
All of the above vehicles were dedicated to particular needs of my activity at that time.

FYI an excerpt from a recent post that provides a glimpse into the WW11 war surplus dodge
"The dive tribe had a 4 day holiday so we headed to the wilds of Baja California and It was WILD in 1960.
We had two surplus 4X4 Dodge ambulances, modified for camping and diving
Mine was a 1942 1/2 ton with a bed frame welded to the top as a homemade carrier and Jerry cans on the back doors and on front fenders and for comfort several layers of old carpeting on the floor and large auto bench seats for comfort (?).

Joe Mc Cabe's (the victim ) had a 1943 model which we had installed a WW11 surplus Rix compressor modified for diving installed behind the drivers seat with PTO from the truck's gas engine, and a 10 foot air intake.

We dove deep in the unexplored never dove areas of Baja for several days and as was the habit the last day was in Ensenada, about 100 miles below San Diego....etc" .

I have consumed far more effort and time than I anticipated answering your post
In summary
I suspect that is not a universal dive vehicle, but a need for one that is adaptable to numerous vehicles for the great variety of current underwater activities

I wish you the best and great success in you new endeavor with your dive truck

Cheers from California - where it all began

Dr. Sam Miller, III

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-27_7-45-55.png
    upload_2019-6-27_7-45-55.png
    173.4 KB · Views: 302
CT Sean,

I will agree that there are many divers that will share your sentiment. and they will continue to rent the "standard" dive truck which has worked and will continue to work for years. We just felt that there was a more organized, and luxurious way to set up a dive truck, so that is what we set out to do.
We are not trying to be the solution for everyone.....and I am glad you will continue to enjoy the way you have always enjoyed it.....diving here is incredible, regardless of the truck you prefer to rent. :)

We are simply filling a luxury market gap that exists for those who want amenities and comfort with their dive experience. Plus, "the new generation" of divers (coming from USA predominantly) are not able to drive standard/manual transmission, so that was part of the consideration too.

As I have gotten older, (I'm a grandma now), I want to lift and move tanks as little as possible and I want less opportunity for injury (of myself, and my equipment). Stepping up/out and then returning to lean back into the side assembly with roll control tank clips, is much easier on the back/shoulders and body overall....not to mention, the reduced risk of damage to equipment from tanks that fall off the back of tailgates from time to time.

As for size suitability on the island:
there are F150s on the island, and yes, they are large compared to other vehicles, but they can go down the road easily, including one ways.

We will not have a large fleet because it is a Luxury Product for those who will enjoy the amenities we have implemented into the design.
Secure locking storage
Upright tank storage (12 capacity allowing for 3 tanks per day for up to 4)
4 Diver Set Up Areas (around exterior perimeter of bed)
Cooler for beverages and food
Shower w/ pump to rinse off

Thanks so much for your feedback,

. Plus, "the new generation" of divers (coming from USA predominantly) are not able to drive standard/manual transmission, so that was part of the consideration too.

Sadly true. It happens to be my anti-theft strategy for our Jeep.

I won't deny that having a truck with some kind of built in utility box would be nice. I don't have much problem adhering to the "don't leave anything you don't want stolen" in the truck philosophy, but it would be nice to not have to wear 5.00 sunglasses and flip flops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom