Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would you be kind enough to share the following?

1. Which is the original o-ring in the picture above?
2. In your opinion the o-ring size (345) correct?
3. Can you tell if the original is significantly softer than the replacement you bought from Amazon (70 durometer)?

-Z
First pic, smaller one is original, other pics are the Amazon.
I really can’t say for sure since my uptime rings are old, it’s very close but the replacement seem to be to large and slightly thicker. They also seem to be the same hardness.

Reactions: Zef
I've used Dielectric grease on my Ultima gloves for the past three months. I no longer need a tool to remove the gloves after a dive, but they sometimes take more of an effort than should be needed. I bought a set of Rolock 90 rings and will try them if our current red tide abates. The water has looked like dark roast coffee for the past few weeks.

I've used Dielectric grease on my Ultima gloves for the past three months. I no longer need a tool to remove the gloves after a dive, but they sometimes take more of an effort than should be needed. I bought a set of Rolock 90 rings and will try them if our current red tide abates. The water has looked like dark roast coffee for the past few weeks.

That's all I've used for the last 2 years. I've never needed the tool, add the grease maybe every 3-4 dives.. whenever the o ring feels like it needs it. They are harder to put together / take apart than I would like them to be, but not enough to have me switching anything out.

If they were to break I would try the Rolock 90's in a heartbeat, but just because I think the grass is greener. I think I've done 80ish dive with the Ultimas, and hands have been dry every time (except when I puncture a glove of course).

The Ultimas are a good system. I have several hundred dives on them and the only times I got wet were user error. Over time, they were harder and harder to remove. I learned about the grease here and it helped, but they still require quite a pull to remove. I thought I would take the advice of Lexvil and Zef and give them a try. I paid $176 with no tax and free shipping from DGX.

I paid $176 with no tax and free shipping from DGX.

Back in the good ole days😥

• Confusing
I misunderstood, I thought you meant for the Ultimas. That's about what they cost a few years ago.

Holy crud…I just checked the price online for a set of Ultima DGS and the price has skyrocketed…$215 is crazy for that considering other products on the market.

Ultima DGS is a good system but given how many products are available that do what that system does and how many systems that integrate with the si-tech wrist cuff system, the current price is just plain crazy.

-Z

Holy crud…I just checked the price online for a set of Ultima DGS and the price has skyrocketed…$215 is crazy for that considering other products on the market.

Ultima DGS is a good system but given how many products are available that do what that system does and how many systems that integrate with the si-tech wrist cuff system, the current price is just plain crazy.

-Z

With DGS, glue, showa 720's, PU rings all added together I remember it being right @ $200 even when I did mine. Prices are outrageous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom