Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With DGS, glue, showa 720's, PU rings all added together I remember it being right @ $200 even when I did mine. Prices are outrageous.
I was lucky, I guess…my dry suit came standard with the Si-Tech oval wrist ring system and silicone seals, so all I needed were the Ultima DGS rings…I am still using the original pair of 720 gloves that SHOWA sent me as a sample to figure out the size I would need. I have purchased spares of the 720 gloves for that “just in case scenario”…I used up one pair when I swapped over to Rolock 90.

We have not been diving in quite awhile…first due to Covid but then due to our move back to the US, but our house is not far from Lake Erie so I may need to get around to unpacking dive gear sooner than later. Given the price at DGX, I may purchase a Rolock 90 set for my wife’s suit before the price of those goes through the roof.

-Z

Actually given the current US favorable exchange rate between US dollars and Euros, I have sent an email to a friend in Belgium to check prices there. Snooping around the web, I found a German website selling them for 119 Euros but it did not give the option to ship to the US...hmmm I can ship to a friend stationed in Germany for a total of 126.90 Euros, he has access to US postal shipping via the APO....a flat rate mailer will still have them to me for less that what they cost in the US.

Gotta make some phone calls/send some emails to see what I can coordinate.

-Z

I think varuste.net ships from Finland to US.

Small sample size, but I've made five dives with the Rolock 90 system and have been bone dry. Lubing the rings according to the instructions, they were a bit difficult to spin on and off but became easier after two dives. I like them so much that I ordered a second set. If I can't convince Merry to give up her Ultimas, I'll install the Rolock 90s on my backup suit.

Small sample size, but I've made five dives with the Rolock 90 system and have been bone dry. Lubing the rings according to the instructions, they were a bit difficult to spin on and off but became easier after two dives. I like them so much that I ordered a second set. If I can't convince Merry to give up her Ultimas, I'll install the Rolock 90s on my backup suit.
I did the same, gave the ultima’s away thankfully before I ever had to change a glove :)

Where did you purchase your RL90s from?

-Z

It looks like waterproof has a new "twist" adapter for the Ultima system. I randomly stumbled upon it while trying to find a better price overseas for the Ultima system (and the push pull adapter that came out a while back). This looks promising, I have an email into waterproof to try and get more details as the info is sparse!

ultima-twist.jpg

twist-anzug-1_1.jpg

Hi Tim. Where did you see this? Merry is hesitant to try the Rolock90 rings because of her painful wrist, but maybe she could use this adapter. I found this site, but there is no information about the rings.

Hi Tim. Where did you see this? Merry is hesitant to try the Rolock90 rings because of her painful wrist, but maybe she could use this adapter. I found this site, but there is no information about the rings.
That's where I found it... I was digging around for a shop that sold the Ultima system + the push / pull adapter (Ultima system de gants étanches) which has been mentioned on this forum before (different thread). And once I was down that bunny trail I found what appears to be a newer system (that hopefully is even better than the push pull adapter). Then I scoured waterproofs various websites and there is no content regarding this system that I can find (yet).

If/When I hear back from my contact at Waterproof in Sweden I'll let you know. You can also just purchase the ring part that changed (ULTIMA UPDATE TWIST BAGUE POUR GANTS). If I decide to make a purchase I'll let you know as I could prob. save some $$$ on shipping as it appears to be around $50-$90 depending on the site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom