Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah so the tabs and cutouts make it easier to get them off. Nice. I've taken to using the buckle on my webbing to pry them off.

I like the push-pull add-on...once one understands how the push-pull ring works it makes popping the rings apart very simple.

TUSA is the US importer/distributor for Waterproof products. I recommend giving them a call to see if they have any stock of the twist rings or if they can order a set for you.

-Z

@MaxBottomtime I got an email with your response. I think they updated the site and we lost some responses.. I understand about Mary's arthritis 100%. Makes perfect sense.

I am still pretty new with my Rolocks but really like them so far. I still need to adjust the ring in the suit, I have them turned a little off center.

This is a lesson in:
1. How to make an incredibly simple system more and unnecessarily complex.

2. How to stay married to a poorly spec’ed o-ring size that makes installing/changing gloves on your system a royal pain in the arse for 95% of those who buy it, UNLESS you purchase this new tool.

The shop in belgium that I purchased my Ultima DGS set from ordered 3 sets, one of which was for me. They sold one other and never recommended the 3rd to anyone nor did they ever purchase more….their reason was that it was too much of a bear to install gloves for the other customer who bought the 2nd set, and they could not recommend this product to anyone to do at home or a dive site given the other products on the market and the ease of which to mount gloves on the rings.

That being said…I am, in general, a fan of the Ultima DGS as it works easily, effectively, and consistently to allow one to dive with dry (and warm) hands. I like that the company has innovated to incorporate the twist off tabs into the rings…that is a step up from their push-pull system.

My issue with Waterproof and their Ultima system is the major flaw with the glove retaining o-ring size. The advent of the tool in the videos is, to me, a testament of how difficult it is to mount gloves on their ring system.

Kudos to them for engineering a tool to make it work…but there are other products that work more easily, effectively and consistently, out of the box without having to invest in a special tool or to reinvest in new glove-side rings to overcome downfalls in the system.

My recommendation is to purchase Rolock.

-Z

I ordered larger O-Rings for Merry's Ultima rings and have no trouble mounting gloves on them. I bought two sets of Rolock90 rings for me. She has an arthritic thumb and twisting the Rolock gloves proved to be extremely painful for her. I currently have our four extra sets of Ultima rings on Ebay.

Back
Top Bottom