UK events...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow sounds like you guys still manage to have fun over the winter months! :)

Hmm I am curious, would one need to be a certified diver to do these dives? even though they are inside dives?
and I'm guessing you may need your own kit? that would demote me to spectator role straight away :wink:

Would be good to tag along just for the social atmosphere though until I can get into the diving more!

Im curious, which certification agency would you say has the best theory / knowledge classes / dives
I would rather pay for something I know is going to teach me quite a bit rather than those that teach you the bear minimum to get you C-Card

I have been reading about that DIR stuff everyone is talking about, looks quite extreme, but very professional, probably not something a rec diver really needs, but if it makes things safer then it can't be a bad thing, although I think I will get into some basic rec diving before I try and learn stuff way over my head! :)

Hi

Isn't there somewhere where you can have a go with standard equipment (I think that's the right name for the old hard hat gear - someone will correct me if I'm wrong!)

Might make for an interesting excursion

Ian

got an idea thats what the helmits were called

and theres a place just outside selsea that does it you can do a 30 min dive in full kit for £35 ill find out a bit more about it when im in selsea next

Hi builderbloke,
Oban is great and the Hispania in the Sound of Mull has got to be the best wreck I have dived.
Maybe you'll get there next time; sadly if work isn't ruining your life, then lack of money is
I am heading for Loch Long or Loch Fine for a club training dive.
Its about time I organised a trip to St Abbs during the week, as the weekend the place is mobbed.

Hi Builderbloke,
I have not dived in Loch Ness, the main reason is its beyond normal commuter distance, as I live in Kilmarnock in the central belt. The weather has been good this past fortnight, with very little rain and the viz in the Clyde estuary is now exceptionally good. This is an excellent opportunity to be visiting the Wallachia at its best. Although I moan about the Clyde, the diving here is very good, though you do need to be experienced at diving in low viz and equipped for the cold to make the most of it. The club is off to Conger Alley on Sunday for a training dive. At this time of the year water temp of 10/11C is about all you can expect, believe me when I say this is warm by our local annual standards.
:D

is very dark, very cold, very deep and there is absolutely nothing in there!

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom