Uh-Oh. Oriskany is down!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mid-upper 70s on the surface and upper 60s-lower 70s at depth. Downright hot above water :)

How is everyone anchoring on the wreck- seems it will get torn up by wreck hooks. Would be nice to have mooring balls. I suppose the mate can go down and clip to the wreck itself, but that burns some time if you are not on a charter.

Welcome to ScubaBoard pensacola.

Where are you from? lame joke.

Sites in this area don't use mooring balls, the mate is there to tie off, its part of their responsibility. Everyone else needs to hook close by if possible. I'd hate to see the wreck broken away as well...

Can someone explain the dive guide on the charters going to the Big O. Will each person that does not meet the criteria have to pay the $50 for a guide? And how many people per guide? If so it seems like allot of money to dive this site.

Can someone explain the dive guide on the charters going to the Big O. Will each person that does not meet the criteria have to pay the $50 for a guide? And how many people per guide? If so it seems like allot of money to dive this site.

Been a lot posted about the Oriskany and I 've looked at most of them but I got this link in the mail this morning and it has some pretty awesome pictures. If it is a dupe, then sorry, but better to share twice than not at all. :)

http://www.irishmansoftware.com/Oriskany.htm

randy

WOW! Way cool shots! Now we wait for the first underwater shots.

k8brandt:
WOW! Way cool shots! Now we wait for the first underwater shots.
Here ye go...
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom