UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BDC are a very good op for several reasons IMHO.

The area off Fujairah is for more advanced divers as it is too deep for OW only divers and that sets it apart from other ops.

The instructors who use BDC will take their OW students north to Martini Bay and Martini Rock as the dive sites off Fujairah are all square profile with depths around 22 - 30m
Sounds perfect :)

Positively freaky on Inchcape 2 this morning.

We could see the wreck from the surface and the water temperature was 30C at the bottom :eek:

Lots of this reddish stuff all over the wreck over the past month, a few nudis appear to be feeding on it.

Martini Rock also had good vis, but as usual I get distracted by the small stuff

Positively freaky on Inchcape 2 this morning.

We could see the wreck from the surface and the water temperature was 30C at the bottom :eek:

Lots of this reddish stuff all over the wreck over the past month, a few nudis appear to be feeding on it.

Martini Rock also had good vis, but as usual I get distracted by the small stuff

Sounds grand!!

Still cold !

24 degrees at The Blocks and at Inchcape 10

We were initially scheduled to dive at Paradise Reef
But we agreed to go to The Blocks instead - 22 to 24 meters
So decided to skip the 5mm and go with my skin suit

Not un-divable but we did get cold

Saw a massive Crocodile Fish - about 1.3 meters long and 40 cm wide

Still cold !

24 degrees at The Blocks and at Inchcape 10

We were initially scheduled to dive at Paradise Reef
But we agreed to go to The Blocks instead - 22 to 24 meters
So decided to skip the 5mm and go with my skin suit

Not un-divable but we did get cold

Saw a massive Crocodile Fish - about 1.3 meters long and 40 cm wide

What's the air temps there now?

36 to 39

feels like 29 with the breeze today

what about where you are?

27C today. Was much higher last week. We have much less humidity than you do in general.

First dives back on the east coast in over a month and a tad colder than I expected last Saturday at 25C when wearing a 3mm. Switched to my 5mm on Sunday.

Found an interesting nudi on Martini Rock

Phestilla melanobrachia

Also a ghost goby on a white sea pen

Otherwise it was the usual suspects apart from a Dendrodoris nigra on Inchcape 1, but I didn't get a decent shot of it worth of posting.

Yesterday's dives were warm with bottom temps around 27/28C at Ruby Reef and Inch 10. Vis was rubbish on Inch 10 though, but quite a few nudis around.

That said, the still to be identified 10mm nudi on Ruby Reef was a good find by my buddy.

Favourite shot though is this Trunk Fish

Slight current when we went down on the first dive and we were dropped in the wrong place and had to get a tow to the shotline as the surface current was not running in the same direction as the waves, very odd.

Back
Top Bottom