UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice 26C bottom temps yesterday was totally comfortable in my 5mm. Great vis too at the beginning of the dive 20m. At the safety stop we had a few dozen batfish hanging around for company.

Dolphins on the surface on the way to the dive sites and flat calm water to boot.

Best find was this Cadinella ornatissima, first one I've seen

I believe @hedonist222 found a pineapple fish at Martini

Batteries in my LH strobe died on the second dive :mad:

Yesterday was my first time using the backscatter mini flash (mf1) strobe.
I thought I could leave ISO on auto and still not have it creep over 200 - as I'd be shooting macro and hence be so close that the strobe wouldn't require higher ISOs. I didn't realize that because the strobe isn't "talking" to the camera (sttl), ISOs were being determined by the strobe focus-LEDs and to save battery I had the focus LEDs on low. So the camera was setting an ISO of 400 based ono focus-light exposure! I was also manually lowering exposure compensation to force faster shutter speeds - so that added to the camera compensating with higher ISOs.
A lot of my photographs from yesterday, while sharp, are too grainy for my liking.
Have now set ISO to 100.

Hole in the Wall was littered with crown of of thorns starfish.
Fortuitously one of them was hosting a little crinoid and my camera caught it at ISO 250.

Not very apparent from the photograph, but it was sprinkled with luminescent white speckles.

P5210124.jpg

A very special dive on Saturday

Thanks to BDC, probably the best dive op in UAE.

We did a very recently discovered wreck that is going to take more exploring.

full

full

Bottom temp at 41m was 23C, fine for 20 mins in a 5mm

Great dive and thanks to Akram and Leah for organising as well as my buddies Kerstin, Dimitris and Nora

full

You are my inspiration. 850 more to go for me.
I'm surprised you're not there yet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom