UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm surprised you're not there yet
I started diving in 2005, averaging to about 50 dives/yr for the first 10 years and increasing to 100 dives/yr in the next 5 years. When I retired in 2020, pedal to the metal with 200 dives/yr. I got to 1100 dives in 2021. To date in 2022 I have about 1160. Would get to 1300 by December with trips to Cuba, Cozumel, Bali, Komodo, Sangalaki, Cocos, Galápagos (2 weeks back-to-back), Banda sea and Raja Ampat (if all goes as plan, knock on wood).

My 2K could easily have happened in Bali, but due to a couple of days off while in Bangka and Lembeh to rest my ears last month the magic number was delayed.

While it would have been nice to clock that one up in Indonesia, I would have been alone with nobody to really celebrate it with.

As it happened I had the dive with great buddies on a new site. My only key buddy who was missing was my daughter.

Reactions: Dan
Some pics from last Sunday on Mystery Reef and Inchcape 10

Bottom temps were 23C and 25C, but the top area above 15m was a nice 27/28C

Oman Hawkfish

Caloria militaris

Been enjoying catching up a bit in this thread since I last read through. Some stunning pics!
I have recently moved to the UAE, so I wanted to get some diving in. Been very busy getting settled and with work in the first 2 months, so last Saturday was the first chance.

I went out to Dibba to dive with a friend. We went to Freestyle as that was the last place I had been, so wanted to circle back.

It felt great being back in the water again after a small break of 95+ days...what with moving and all. First time diving sidemount here as the last time (4 + years ago) I was not in sidemount then. Albeit it second time only that I was diving with Ali's. Last time was in a cave in SA in a drysuit, which was fun in itself. Needless to say I miss my 12 steel longs, and Ali's are for deco only!! haha! Time to get some cylinders. I must say though that the Ali's they still have their merits.

Anyways, I digress. First dive to Inchcape 1 with a fresh 24C on the bottom. Vis not terrible/not amazing either...but I really shouldn't be commenting as I don't know what it is usually like, and the last time diving with @RainPilot apparently I was spoilt with the best conditions.

Second dive to Gunthers which I had never dived before, and to be honest was probably one of the most amazing sites I had seen. A ridiculous amount of life all around and I spent 95% of the dive just in the first main structure and area around it. Definitely a dive worth doing with a deco gas or richer nitrox to really have a long dive down there. 26C so nice and toasty in a 5mm.

No pics sadly as I own no pic taking devices....maybe a Go Pro is in my future just for the odd bit of video and shots for memory.

Bumped into @RainPilot on the way out! So was good seeing you after so many years bud...will make a plan soon :)

Cheers!

Welcome to UAE diving @Fires

Try some of the other dive ops along the coast further south like Divers Down at the Miramar Hotel, The Dive Centre at Sandy Beach and Barracuda Dive Center at Fujairah Marina.

With the recent fuel hike the prices are going to increase not just for driving there but for the ops to take us out too.

Welcome to UAE diving @Fires

Try some of the other dive ops along the coast further south like Divers Down at the Miramar Hotel, The Dive Centre at Sandy Beach and Barracuda Dive Center at Fujairah Marina.

With the recent fuel hike the prices are going to increase not just for driving there but for the ops to take us out too.
Thanks!! And congrats on the 2k milestone :)

I have seen how much you talk about Barracuda, they sound great! So will be trying them next or Divers Down as I believe RP suggested. Lots of diving to do :) I agree re the fuel price. Just saw that earlier today. It's gone up a chunk!!

I have seen how much you talk about Barracuda
BDC are a very good op for several reasons IMHO.

The area off Fujairah is for more advanced divers as it is too deep for OW only divers and that sets it apart from other ops.

The instructors who use BDC will take their OW students north to Martini Bay and Martini Rock as the dive sites off Fujairah are all square profile with depths around 22 - 30m

Bumped into @RainPilot on the way out! So was good seeing you after so many years bud...will make a plan soon :)

I haven’t seen him in SB too. Please say hi to him from me next time you bump into him again.

Boy, how time flies. Last time I dove with him was in November 2017.

@RainPilot on sidemount looking at Cuttlefish in Dibba Rock.

96EF588C-3A0A-4B51-8801-40C43FABD23C.jpeg

I haven’t seen him in SB too. Please say hi to him from me next time you bump into him again.

Boy, how time flies. Last time I dove with him was in November 2017.

@RainPilot on sidemount looking at Cuttlefish in Dibba Rock.

View attachment 726052
Man that was a minute ago......... any time youre around, Dan, any time!

Reactions: Dan

Back
Top Bottom